Masters Running

Mark your calendars: on December 13, Sgt. Bain is going down (Read 499 times)

tetsujin, yes, this is pretty much how I plan to train. If I were more confident in my knees, I might do some shorter, faster runs, including some 5K races leading up to my December 13 goal race. However, my knees are always day to day. So I am focusing on longer, slower mileage to build endurance, and if my knees feel up to it, I may try to do my long runs a little faster than what you have seen so far. I am trusting that I will find enough speed when I need it. I am no hermosaboy or tallrunner or DaveinAA, but hopefully I won't have to be. To be honest, I am relying partly on superior mental preparation. If I can show up healthy on Dec. 13 and mentally prepared to run fast, perhaps I can defeat other runners who are more physically talented but not mentally prepared to go all out. There are a lot of "ifs" in this scenario. Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
    huskydon

Know that we are all pulling for you. I have no running wisdom to impart, but believe that hermosaboy's counsel is very good. You could reap quite a harvest if seeds of overconfidence are planted..... huskydon
        Thank you, huskydon. I am not sure all of you are pulling for me, but I thank those who are. Smile This is definitely an important goal race for me, and I will try to do my best. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
        wildchild

Carolyn

Hey, maybe you should challenge him to a debate, instead of a race. I'd bet on you!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.