Masters Running

Wednesday, 12.2.15 (Read 34 times)

moebofatozzig, tetsujin209   and mariposai turns out the workshop was cancelled. My assistant did not update the schedule! Phew!

To the many of you looking for shoes, current research suggests alternating runs across a variety of shoe types reduces injury risk relative to using one kind of shoe over and over. Buy a few pairs, just make sure they have a variety of heel drops, stiffness levels, etc. If you get them at Road Runner Sports online you can try them for 90 days and if you do not like them send them back for a refund. Keep trying sneakers until you get a few, all different, that you like well enough to use.

enkephalin glad to her that day 1 on the new job went well!

coastwalker a happy hamstring is a wonderful thing! I should be a poet! 

fatozzig good for you, getting the books straight!

tetsujin209 wow 14 miles per minute! That is some fast running! [Editor: You are one serious dope Twocat. You have the m's upside down!  Man, never work for a dyslexic!]

C-R it ain't here yet!

Holly S. a wig you could spring on DD would speed things up!

No run for me today. Just time on the elliptical and some weights. Tomorrow it will either be 11 with a side trip to the track or 14 without. I have not decided as yet. One nice thing, our days of clouds and rain are supposed to end tonight. It should be sunny from now until next week.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I had such big plans to get so much done while Debbie was gone.  I still haven't even washed the dishes!  She doesn't come home until Saturday, though, so I'll try to buckle down.

I did get in 12 miles, tonight, though--including 8 miles in 54:23.  But it was a whole lot harder than it should have been.

Okay--I should go--and maybe do something--but it's already bedtime.  See ya!

Thanks Leslie for helping me out with the training log -- unfortunately my ytd miles made me a little sad, but I have to remember how limited my running was in the beginning of the year with that foot injury and that I did a lot of cross-training, biking and swimming not reflected in that total.

Tet - ok, I give!! It was raining all day and really had to agree it wasn't wise to run outside with this cough and the rain so took it to the gym!

1.2 miles on the treadmill, 15 minutes step mill, upper body machines --- that's kind of like resting right?? I did sleep almost 10 hours again tho last night!! 

denise

Mariposai

Look at Stumpy...getting faster!!!!

Jay, glad to hear that your hammies are  happier with you.

MikeE, you better start washing the dishes...Debbie's return is just around the corner.

We are having extreme weather around here. It was soft, fluffy snow running this morning for me, 6 miles total.

Tonight? Icy rain galore.

Tomorrow? Frozen ice and snow...

and the Easy Pacer and I are scheduled to go to Seattle to welcome our Peace Corps Volunteer back home after a successful tour in Macedonia. Sight

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

good job getting inside deezie.

probably better than outside which would probably make it worse

but does treadmilling help it get better? I hope so.

Lucky posies.

Will Peace Corps DS coming-back-from Macedonia be going back to graduate school

and still be too busy to do any training for our annual marathon and triathlon?

I hope so, . . . especially if he still eschews shoes for his beloved Chaco sandals.

I remember he wouldn't even take them off for the tri-swims in those days.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)