Masters Running

Add your free, downloadable running music suggestions here (Read 152 times)

Tramps

Do you know any good, free, downloadable music suitable for running? Add to the list and we’ll have a great community resource! Mine are all from music.download.com, a free and legal site with no registration needed and with tons of music downloads and lots of off-the-beaten-path stuff. (Check out the afro-persian stylings of Larri, who is not coming to a Top-40 station near you anytime soon.Wink ) As a public service, I pulled together a list of decent running songs (assuming they’re in your taste range). I’m no musician and my terminology might be off, but I’ve tried to indicate some characteristics. As you’ll see, they’re mostly in the world music and electronic music arenas. This is the tip of the iceberg of what’s on this site. Stuff does come and go, though, so there’s no guarantee that all of these are still there. Enjoy and be sure to add your music! Kaleta—anything; infectious afro-pop; beautiful stuff; “Hogbonou” is one of my favorite running tunes from anywhere. Project Oracool— “Kene-ene jo ma” (blend of African flavors, dance beats, etc.; very nice) Budos Band—“Chicago Falcon” (afro-soul, jazzy, R&B, 70s feel) Chill Factor 5—“Expansions” (trip hop) Daft Punk vs. Adam Freedland—“Aer Obama” (dance music for the French ex-pat crowd...O...B...A...M...) Danny K—“Maroc” (percussive) DJ Big C—“Akon - Right Now (Na Na Na) (Big C Donk Remix)” (techno-ish) also “Kid Cudi - Day N Night (Big C Donk Remix)” DJ Smash—“Gimme Some” (percussive) Drum Brothers—“Carry Me Home” (they can’t really sing, but this mellow haunting tune sticks with you somehow…maybe it’s the “I will fly” chorus; “Yeh Oh” isn’t bad either) Evil Nine—“They Live” (fun and catchy techno/dance) Minus 8—“At the Beach” (very catchy, acid jazz/worldbeat feel) Mynta—“Fuzzy” (Indian/Swedish team with nice John McLaughlin-like rhythms) Nina Simone—“Revolution” (yes, the great Nina Simone. For some reason, this freebie’s been on the site for awhile.) Panakronic—“Digital Out” (dark and moody acid jazz; starts slow but builds to intense beats) Sambaholics—several great Afro--Brazillian percussive tracks from them; nothing but drums Think of One—“Oppressor” (good hook and nice anti-Islamo-fascism lyrics (I think); bit of a hip-hop feel) Trance Wave—a whole host of generic house/techo beats that work well for running Akoya Afrobeat—“Star Wars” or “USA” (Great stuff and their name says it all; includes Kaleta) Chili Charles—“Drumology” and “Malagar” (neat steel drum arrangements, mid-tempo) Kyoto Jazz Massive—“Mind Expansions” (Japanese jazz grooves, anyone?)

Be safe. Be kind.

#artbydmcbride

Runners run