Masters Running

Stormy Sunday........ (Read 35 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

11 miles for me this morning.  3 laps around the lake for 9 and then an out and back to make it to 11.  I think I may have not had quite enough fluids along the way, as I had a Gatorade when I finished and then 3 bottles of water at the Red Sox game.  fortunately, they let you bring in your own water, so I only got stuck paying $4 for my last bottle.  And then finally had to go when we got home.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

It was great to see Carolyn today at the end of my race! I really faded fast after a too fast start on steeper-than-expected first few miles. Suffice to say, I had a greta first half. The second half? Not so much... it got really hot the last 10k, and I wasn't expecting the uphills from 11-13. I started with the 3:25 pacer, but she took off like a shot. I later talked to a guy who said he overheard her saying that yes, her plan was to go out fast and build some cushion before the uphills and twisty-turny second half. I never saw her or her group again. The 3:35 pacer passed me at the end with a mile to go... all alone. Sort of confirms my opinion of pacers. I've never run with one that felt right, it seems like they all go out too fast (ha! like me!).

End result, 3:37:57 and 2nd in age group. DH says a lot of women passed me in the last few miles (yeah, I know), but they were all younger than me. So... whoever #1 was (I'll go look later... ), I probably didn't have a chance of catching her (I did check, she ran 3:30 so there was probably no way I was catching her. Here's the elevation profile:

Mike E

MM #5615

Congratulations, Erika!  You really are an awesome runner.  By the way...I know how it feels to be passed by women in the final mile...

Amazing - ever time I read things here I find you guys are simply amazing!!

Erika - congrats!!

Carolyn - I have no idea how you run those hills!!  I think I would sit in my car and watch too!!

Karin - nice "long" run and congrats on the business!!

Stumpy - great laps around the lake!

Dave - awesome!!

Ribs and The Saint - way to go on your AG awards!!

Starr - thanks and yes, Sept 12-13

I know there are so many more shout outs but I am exhausted!!  Drove to Laconia last night from Wells, Maine to spend the night with my DS#3 - he raced at Timberman 1/2 Iron today and did fantabulous!!  Broke 5 hours for the 2nd time this season with a 4:43 - 88/1800 and 10th in his AG which was crazy fast this race!!  I ran 15.2 miles while he was on the bike - so fun I was on the opposite side of the road as the bikers were coming in and I was yelling and cheering for them the whole time -- I dubbed myself the running cheerleader!!  Great daY!!

denise

Tramps

My quads hurt just looking at that profile.

Nice job!

Be safe. Be kind.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Huh? Must really have been something for someone from Equinox-land even to notice any hills in that.

steeper-than-expected first few miles.. . . . uphills from 11-13. . . . . . .her plan was to go out fast and build some cushion before the uphills and twisty-turny second half

Tet – I gave up running at night when I gave up drinking,,,,,, it just doesn’t seem like such a good idea anymore.  Swimming in our lake isn’t gonna happen either since we have this algae bloom that creeps me out.  How come you scared me out of trying that tri this summer, huh?

Huh?  I thought you did great in your triple-tri training this simmer.
              Did the lake bloom up on you?  That’s why I like open-water swims
              way out there in the middle of nowhere like suspended in space
              with only the sky above and sea/lake below as contact with reality.
              so sorry.
              ps - I’ve talked a number of neophytes into their first triathons
              over the years but never anyone out of it before.
              When they see me, they figure anyone can do it.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Dave59, that race sounds greta!!

Recoup real soon TwoCat.

Wow, MikeE.

DW and I attended a birthday party for three of her former in laws who achieved the 40, 50 & 60 year milestones. What a crowd. Including DD#1 and Norah.

Thank goodness we got a couple of miles in later. However, we did find more snacks along the route.

SteveP