Masters Running

SAt Oct 25th Daily (Read 418 times)

Mariposai

And tet/jon--they had a bit of a deal here at the expo, so I went ahead and signed up for the Seattle rnr, so I'm in, pending airline carp and all that. Get stevie ray to agree to a Kona/Seattle double that weekend, willya? He can do it.
    yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my butterfly wings are sooooooooo happy. I finally am going to meet my hero aamos. Stevie ray.......please come to Seattle R&R. see.....aamos wants you there..of course you can, of course you can, of course you can Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Enke, nice job on the half, even though it wasn't a PR. Good long training run, anyways. I felt guilty about wussing out on a long run because of the wind, so I went out anyway and got it done. First I ran 3 miles on the indoor track while DD was doing her C25K workout - I did it as a mini progression run, 10:15 - 9:45 - 9:20. But that's all the time we had, as she had to get ready for a school Halloween carnival. She's working at a booth for one of her service clubs. The school is K-12 all together in one building, so the big kids run the carnival booths for the little kids. It's a fun and safe way for these rural kids to enjoy Halloween. After I dropped her off at school, I parked near a 3-mile loop road and ran it 3 times. The wind had died down a bit from howling to merely gusty. And the sun had come out, so it was pretty tolerable at 50 degrees. Then when I got home I took the dogs for a short 1.5 mile run, so they wouldn't be mad at me for leaving them behind. Total for the day was 13.5 miles.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tough 2-1 loss today for Dark Colt's club soccer team. It was an away game against another town, and both teams were fighting for first place in the next to last game of the season. Dark Colt plays defense. This being a key game, the coach had him play every minute, though there were five or six subs available. Dark Colt played well, but he was furiously angry throughout the game, and for a good hour afterward, because an older and bigger boy he was defending against kept shoving him blatantly. Not only that, but the other boy kept cursing, which is not behavior Dark Colt is used to dealing with. We live in Newburyport, the upscale town in these parts, and our kids are perhaps more sheltered than the boys in other more blue-collar towns. After one very obvious shove, the referee gave the other boy a yellow card, which I have never seen before in these Under-14 soccer games. The offending boy threw up his hands as if to say, "Who, me?" Dark Colt was so mad he sarcastically imitated the boy's motions, and glared at him. But the boy was never tossed. It's a different world than when we were kids. If I were 12 and another boy kept shoving me, there would have been a fight, for sure. I remember one fight when I was 12: my nose was bloody and I broke my right hand from punching the other boy in the head, but there was no quit in me and I kept fighting one-handed. They had to pull us apart to end the fight. There is no quit in Dark Colt either, but I think he has never had a real fight with another kid. Nowadays a kid who fights on the playground may get suspended from school. When I was a boy, you had to be ready to defend yourself on the playground every day. Started teaching Dark Colt Latin tonight. He is a willing student. According to last week's grade report, he is getting A's in all seven of his courses, but due to budget cuts the middle school has no language instruction this year. Might as well start his classical education now. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

AAAAAMY - YAAAAAAY, it`s been a long time since I became a boomer boarder because of you and divechief in the 2004 SM. We are so happy to welcome you back for the SeaRnR Since you`re busy runnn` (MCM - 50?) and flyin`, I`ll tell ilene for the Intrepid. We`re still tryin` to get some SoCaler`s up for it too. We`ve been slipping hints to SR for a SeaRnR/Kona double but I think he`s too busy figurin` out how to pull it off to decide yet. Maybe he needs doubles partner. Let`s ask the other SR if he has any other friends. Big grin EEEEENKEEEE, you were so ready for a hallf mary PR. sorry for all the hills. As you know, too many in the SM for a PR so you might as well do the mary with us. ps - dove might be doing one of her trademark warm-ups running from the Poweman to tomorrow`s Tri-Cities Marathon double

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

private message for mariposai - I got an extra copy of the November Northwest Runner with the list of top AG`ers in your Lake Chelan Shore-to-Shore Marathon warm-up for your PR Portland.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)