Masters Running

Toasty Tuesday, July 17 (Read 446 times)

King of PhotoShop

Hi Starr!

Karin I'm thinking of you.

In Pittsburgh this week and this morning I was up early enough to run but just decided not to.  Legs were achy this afternoon as I am on my feet all day when I am on the road.

Spareribs

Thanks everyone for the welcome back, it seems like I have a lot of friends here still. 

Shadowrunner, I don’t remember your username from CR either, but if you give me your birthday, I may have it on a spreadsheet somewhere – I like your quote in your tagline since I am slower than slow.

Byll – I can sure relate to your daughter – I am 30 days sober and feeling great here.  I’ve had lots of stops and starts along this journey. Limits just didn’t work for me, but total abstinence is somehow easier.   Celebrate Recovery has been a part of my life since October, 2010.  It’s a great support group, maybe she could find one near Dayton. It’s ironic that CR and CR have both changed my life for the better.

………Hi tomwhite,,,,,,,remember… plodding counts double!  P.S. We’ll take any rain you don’t want.

Jlynne – I don’t really have a trainer for a running plan, just a friend who was a personal fitness trainer for 5 years.  She’ll get my butt in shape, hopefully.

Tselbs – you always summarize all the events so nicely, thanks!

Henrun – you and Marj have always been an inspiration to me, I’m glad to see you’re still here too.

Hi Roch, Enke, Ribs and anyone else I forgot.  I'm going to start using the log here.  I haven't done that since CR bailed out to Active.  It won't take long to enter my runs for the whole year.  I have an old Garmin  201 with HR, but it doesn't work the best anymore.  I suppose there is a battery somewhere to replace. 

Well, I'm off work in a few minutes, then out to the garden, I'll sweat off a few pounds out there in this heat.

Starr in MN

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

...steveP//..........we not only missed you,

we've been placing bets on when you would get back from Your Secret Mission for The Government

(of course

we weren't sure if it was OUR Government)

Big grin

So much of the country is sweltering in the heat and humidity, burning up with fires,  trying to save their homes from floods, or, ironically, dealing with severe drought, I will no longer complain about the fact we haven't seen the sun in 7+ days.  I can live with foggy, overcast conditions.

Bill - Will keep your daughter in my prayers.  My husband lives one day at a time.  That's all I can ask of him.

Starr - Welcome back!

Mary - Koi Momma.

More {{{HUGS}}} for Super Granny and Karin.

We had thunder and lightening, along with lots of rain, from 3 a.m. to about 6 a.m., so I decided running in that mess was probably not the best thing and will put in my 4 miles after work.

I've decided to work a few of lunch hours between now and next Wednesday and take an extra day off when I go to Mt. Hood / Portland so I can sit in on the recording of my friends' podcast on Monday, July 30.  Hopefully they'll let me be a guest!  It'll also give me a chance to talk to Gary, who has agreed to be my coach.  I was going to meet up with everyone on Sunday and come home Monday, but Gary has to work Sunday and, well dang it, I want to be on the podcast!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

we've been placing bets on when you would get back from Your Secret Mission for The Government

(of course

Big grin +1

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, do you know of any late season 5K's or 10K's in your area?

Byll, great to hear about your DD’s progress!  And yes, we have quite a few 5K races into about mid-December, then it gets quieter for a bit, but still something every month.  How far out were you thinking?  Here are the two places I go to look for local races, and between the two of these sites you will see most everything in the area.  Your DD lives a bit south, right, down near Middletown?  There's a 5K in Franklin in October and Springboro in November, both of which are close by.

http://www.keysports.net/

http://www.orrrc.org/calendar.html

Slo_Hand – I’m going up to run stagger through the Equinox Marathon with Erika (well behind her, actually) and I think maybe Rhoon in September.

Starr – hiyah!  I remember you as well.  I think you will like the log here, very clean interface, and one of the reasons I chose RA when the CR meltdown happened.

9.4 miles for me this morning in a very muggy 81 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Hi Starr.  I remember you...and I wasn't on CR. 

Mary--someday I will have a patio and pond like yours...someday.

Well, once again, I have to make this quick.  I did 10.1 miles in 1:16:49.  Hot and humid here, too, but it is was it is.  I feel lucky that I even got to run, tonight.  After getting to work at 6:00 this morning and running around all day, I volunteered to go out on another job that would have kept me out until about 8 tonight but, thankfully, they decided I wasn't ready to handle a death scene clean up. 

Okay--I have to get busy on my writing assignment.  If I learned one thing while I was on unemployment, it was that I am going to love retirement.

. . . thankfully, they decided I wasn't ready to handle a death scene clean up. 

Now there's something you don't read everyday in a running forum.  Wink

Rhoon has tie-dyed SPAM shirt?!?!?  swooning . . . .

My 4 EZ miles - Done.  And - - there's a hill on this particular route that only one time have I been able to climb without stopping.  Well, tonight, not only did I make it all the way up the dang thang. but I kept right on going once I got to the top and never once felt like I was dying.  Yea!!!  [insert dancing bananas here]

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

After getting to work at 6:00 this morning and running around all day, I volunteered to go out on another job that would have kept me out until about 8 tonight but, thankfully, they decided I wasn't ready to handle a death scene clean up. 

Shocked  What kind of place are you working???

Hi Starr!  I remember you, too. Welcome back!

3 mile trail run after work, cut short by lightning.  But I'm not complaining about the rain.  When I got home there were piles of hail on the ground.

I don't think I'd like working with a coach or personal trainer -- I don't like people telling me what to do.  Roll eyes

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

No running for me today, but I did walk, 2 miles last night with my Monday night walking partner, DR. U.

Way too late for me post now since I have a long trip to Olympia tomorrow early morning for a meeting, but how can I go to sleep before saying welcome back Starrunner!!!

Ohh, you gardeners, please tell me how you keep the weeds away from your veggies? man...I was gone for only two days and the weeds have taken over!!! arhhh.

Got my first 6 cherry tomatoes out of the plants tonight...weeds and all!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Nancy, I'm an avid weeder, and go after mine with a hand cultivator and pull them out, roots and all. My garden is just "this close" to producing crazy amounts of stuff, but sadly we had to buy broccoli and squash at the store recently because things just aren't quite ready. I got a late start on it, for sure.

Hi Starr! So glad to see you and it sounds like you're doing well. Keep at it and take one step at a time....

Love the baby koi... what do you do with them in the winter?

{{Super Granny and CNY's family}}

Sorry for all the heat and drought out there. Geez, what a bummer of a summer, and we'll all be feeling it for months (years?) from now with higher prices for beef and produce... Our temps have been below normal to cool, and we've had some rain but not much. The lawn and garden are doing fine with minimal additional watering (none for the lawn), and the trails are in good condition. We seem to get sprinkles a lot, but not much "real rain." 

6.1 mile RAW today, didn't mean to push the pace but the last 4 miles were pretty much tempo pace. A little chilly tonight with overcast skies and a breeze from the NW.

Bushrat Runner

Covered 120 miles today, but not on foot...ran out of time and energy to run (but not daylight, still in the happy long-days). Had an amazing day on the water though, got to be one of the top ten days I've ever had for boating here. Which was good, would have been miserable assignment otherwise...

map here will show the trip for 7 days...

Tomorrow going to take the neon shoes and the spam shirt out for another spin, see if I can send some unsuspecting motorist into a light pole...

Marathon Maniac #957

Ohh, you gardeners, please tell me how you keep the weeds away from your veggies? man...I was gone for only two days and the weeds have taken over!!! arhhh.

Got my first 6 cherry tomatoes out of the plants tonight...weeds and all!

I just got my first cherry tomatoes too!  As for weeds, this year I tried sprinkling Preen around, and that seems to have helped with weeds.

We have a 60% chance of rain tomorrow night.  I sure hope we get it.  I am finding my drive home from work downright depressing, watching the cornfields grow brown - this is something I have never seen in all my years here. 

SteveP

(of course

Good call. I refer to the place as "StevieLand". All the rides are scary.

SteveP

Nancy, I'm an avid weeder, and go after mine with a hand cultivator and pull them out, roots and all.

Come by my place Erika.  I can keep you "in weeds" for a good while.  (Hate yard work.)  I'll supply the pizza and beer.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong