Masters Running

Cheffy's FIrst HM! and I lived to tell about it! (Read 287 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

What a fun report to read! So glad you joined this group, and we're looking forward to many more fine RRs from you!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Renee the dog

Finally had a chance to read your report. Well, I for one, did not expect you to turn up dead, so glad you didn't! Big CONGRATULATIONS! Nice to be done your first, eh? Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Top 'O the World!

WTG Sandy!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! & Well Done Smile Good RR too - & looking fwd to pics Wink.....that is some faaast walking breaks (?) you take there! I see people jogging slower than that!!
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

WTG Sandy!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! & Well Done Smile Good RR too - & looking fwd to pics Wink.....that is some faaast walking breaks (?) you take there! I see people jogging slower than that!!
          I was thinking the same thing - VERY fast walking. We were doing around 16 mpm while walking.
            Way to go Sandy and as others have said already, you are a regular now and we'll expect regular posts! Congratulations on your first Half Marathon...not so bad was it? Wink
              Frame that medal and race bib! Congrats and Happy Anniversary. May you enjoy many more years of running and racing. grins, A
              Masters 2000 miles
                I was thinking the same thing - VERY fast walking. We were doing around 16 mpm while walking.
                I am sure the fast paces in the walk breaks were all the downhills.... shit they were steep! FWIW, I am SO DAMN SORE from the walking intervals! I obviously tapped into muscles that are not used to being called upon to do such horrible things! My quads, glutes, and calves are freaking killing me! lots of rest days to follow, I did a recovery run yesterday that was painfull to say the least. I still feel AWESOME overall though. Would I do it again? How many times and ways can you say HELL YES! Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow congratulations Cheffy and MrCheffy too! You both did amazingly well - especially with your injury. Sounds to me like you ran a smart race and it paid off in the end.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com