Masters Running

Black Friday Daily, 11.23.12 (Read 341 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

We ate up a storm yesterday and, like Erika, had a lot of cleaning up to do afterward. But we figure that cleaning up is just part of the way to work off all that we ate, so it was OK. And it was nice to wake this morning and come into a nice clean kitchen.

I was tempted to go for a workout this morning, but kept it as a post-race rest day. There was pretty dense fog out there, so it would have been interesting, but it wasn't to be.

Our company is closed today, today is going to be pretty mild, and there is a cold front coming in tomorrow. So we'll be putting up our outside Christmas decorations today. I still may not light em' up till Dec. 1 or later, but at least they'll be up and ready to go. DW and I will also head down to the beach for a stroll this afternoon, which'll be nice. To the extent that we do any shopping today, it'll only be to local retailers, or to the grocery store (like we need any more food...).

Good luck to this weekend's racers - don't run like a turkey!  Clown

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

The trick is to clean up as you go along.  We, too, had a ton of dishes but doing them in waves makes it much more manageable.

Congrats to all those great T-day racers!  Yeah, Turkey trots are mostly about fun and family but there were some good race times there, too. 

Our local Turkey Trot got so big they had to move it out of its traditional start spot and change the course entirely.  That didn't sit well with some folks and there was an unofficial Turkey Trot on the old course at the same time as the official race. 

Took out some light gloves this morning  for the first time this season.  The chilly temps did me good though and I had a great sproinky 7-miler.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning Jay and all to follow. Enjoy the last bits of that warm weather. A cold front came through here last night and the temp dropped 40° overnight. Not to mention the 25 mph winds gusting up to 40. I think I liked it better the other way.

Sounds like everyone survived Thanksgiving and has enough turkey for a few more meals Wink It took me a couple of hours to clean up the kitchen after the kids left. And then I remembered my mother's famous saying:  "whoever cooks doesn't have to clean up." And there I was, in the kitchen, while DH was snuggled in his recliner watching the Patriots/Jets game. At least he emptied the dishwasher.

I found out I finished 1st in my AG at the 5 mile turkey trot I ran yesterday. There were only 9 of us but hey - I'll take it! Cross training at the Y this morning on the eliptical and bike followed with 30 minutes of free weights and core work.

Awfully quiet here this morning. Everyone must be out shopping...

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne - 1st out of 9 is pretty awesome!

Only had time for a leisurely 3 miles on the TM before being called in by the family.  Showered and dressed, we're heading out to the tree farm now for our family Black Friday traditional Christmas tree cutting.   We like to have the decorations up a long time....Roll eyes

Maybe a little more on the TM later if I have time....not sure if it's a good idea.  I feel driven to run by my waistline, but my hamstring/left knee issue is a bit worrisome.  So hard to tell when something is soreness that can be run through or an injury trying to happen....feels fine when I am walking....we'll see.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Maybe a little more on the TM later if I have time....not sure if it's a good idea.  I feel driven to run by my waistline, but my hamstring/left knee issue is a bit worrisome.  So hard to tell when something is soreness that can be run through or an injury trying to happen....feels fine when I am walking....we'll see.

When in doubt--rest.  I read that somewhere...never really followed it...but it sounds like good advise.

dallison

registered pw

What i would have done to find a smaller field yesterday. There were 2200 runners in new cumberland and 4100 in york. It's amazing how many runners comee out to these things.

I ran 6.6 this morning and then ran 2.4 with the dogs. My left hip/pelvis area hurt a little bit this morning so i took it easy. I just got my forerunner 410 today so i'll use it tomorrow.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Slo

5.65 at a closer to normal pace.

Soreness has left the quads but still have some sore calves. Damn monkey.

Day off, need to get a battery in the jeep and try to avoid getting blown away. 29 mph winds.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hey everyone! Congrats to all the racers yesterday... I ran in a local 8k and paced a friend for a two-minute PR. She was thrilled to make her goal, and I was happy to be able to participate in the race and still stay healthy. The massage I had Wednesday afternoon seemed to get all the residual Monkey-kinks out of me, I'm happy to say. Maybe that would help you, Slo?

Ran another 5 easy-peasy miles today, felt great. All this slow running and I'm afraid I'm going to forget to know how to have speed again.... well, my version of speed, that is... Wink

Happy Friday, all!

YAY jlynne//...............You Da,,,,,,,er,,,,,,,,,,,,Person/////////

========

decided

to spent the entire day working,

and also working tomorrow.................just a Whimsical Ramblin' Kinda Guy I guess

.................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

dallison...Just curious. You have some pretty nice goals in your sig line but based on your 5k goal and half goal why so lite on the marathon?

Not that a 3:20 isn't an awesome time but a 3:10 or even less would be more in line with your half and 5k goals.

The marathon is beast to be sure. I think you may be too conservative though if the other two are within reach.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I am new to this group. Rest day today though.

Tomorrow is a planned 8-10 mile

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

King of PhotoShop

Well done jlynne!  First out of nine is great!

My race results are now up in full and I was 4th out of 40 men in my AG, so I'm okay with that.  I can't wait for my Half on December 9th!  Goal is to break 1:50, which will be a post-surgery PR for me.

Today i got in 5.6 very slow recovery miles, 1.1 with Lucy and then the rest by myself.  Now I have work to do for my job this whole weekend.  Spareribs

evanflein

Welcome Dallison and BerthaSlayer! I'd sure love to hear the story behind the BerthSlayer handle....

Congrats on the AG win, Jlynne! 9 is a good sized age group so nothing to sniff at, for sure.

Holly, take care of that leg. Those little niggles can come back to bite you if you're not careful.

I've got the day off today, but will head in to the office for a bit. I like to go when no one else is around so I can actually get something done! I'd like to get a run done outside this weekend, but sure wish it would warm up. Somehow I'm just having a hard time getting motivated for sub-zero temperature running...

Welcome Dallison and BerthaSlayer! I'd sure love to hear the story behind the BerthSlayer handle....

+1!

Congrats, JLynne!  Only when you're 3rd female out of 3 females (like me) does it get questionable. Wink

Nice placement for Ribs, too.  Looks like he's got his eye on another goal, though.

All was quiet here as we don't have Thanksgiving dinner until Sunday when my dad can be here.  Even then, the request has been meatloaf and mashed potatoes, which is fine by me.  Love, love, love a meatloaf sandwich!

4 EZ this a.m., and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my day.  The Hub is working, and honestly, I guess I should get in the computer room and get some transcription done.  We'll see.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hi RW friends. 

This is a great group, even though most of them run way more than I do they let me join. Smile

Online shopping at Skirt Sports done and my one mile streak run later.