Masters Running

Intrepid Racers ~ March 21 & ahead!!! (Read 39 times)

Haven't signed up yet but will in all likelihood for the race below.  I don't run very many half or full marathons any more, so that makes me a Maniac and Half Fanatic In Name Only (with a low number in both).

02/22  Opie - El Paso Half Marathon, El Paso, TX

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Ilene.

Have fun extending your surf city streak.  How many now?

As for me, getting extended in Japan through maybe mid-February may have its advantages as MikeMP and I are planning a meet-up at Saturday’s bimonthy weekend marathon sponsored by the All Japan 100- Marathon Joyful Running Club at Hiratsuka Park south of Tokyo.  I hope he can find it better than for our last meet-up at the Joyful’s weekly Takebashi Imperial Palace Marathon in Tokyo in 2009.

1/31 tetsujin - Hiratsuka Joyful Bimonthathon (Japan - geta)
      Also.   
      2/8 tetsujin - Hakone Pass Joyful Picnicathon (Japan - geta)

Maybe they’ll work out if I put them down this time.
      thanks.

ps opie: once a maniac, always a maniac and probably the same for fanatics too.

why aren't you runnin 'em any more.

We're waiting for your return appearance out here in the PNW, you know..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Ilene.

Have fun extending your surf city streak.  How many now?

Tetsujin, the full marathon 5 times, and the half marathon 3 times!  

Runners run

tetsujin-there are lots of reasons I only run 1 or 2 marathons per year now.  That is all.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

pfriese

Hey Ilene!

04/26 pfriese - Ironman70.3-Texas, Galveston TX

Paul

TammyinGP

I lost my relay partner for the Couples Relay on 2/7.  (he has an all day public speaking competition), so I'm running it solo and not as a relay. It's called the "Love Stinks 5K", instead of the couples relay.

Tammy

coastwalker

Hi Ilene,

Thanks again for always maintaining & updating this roster!

I have two races to add:

3/07 Coastwalker - Black Cat 10-Miler (RW), Salem, MA

3/29 Coastwalker - Eastern States Half Marathon (RW), Rye, NH to Salisbury, MA

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Late substitution: I didn't sign up for the El Paso Half.  Could have done the distance but not race pace.  Also, I'm cheap and have a (desert single track) trail run coming up where the price is right, a dollar per kilometer.  There are 10k, 30k and 50k options.  I'm also thinking about the Shiprock Marathon on May 2nd.  It's got downhill and is only $70.

03/07  Opie - Sierra Vista 30k Trail Run, Las Cruces, NM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

you know if you only run half marathons, you`re only half stupid.

here:s stupid - signing up for the reverse edition of the same hakone pass marathon that stopped my wooden geta in their tracks in a sudden snow storm on the way up.  First time I ever ran, or tried to run in the snow.  Have you?, . . . or have you ever seen snow?

3/15 tetsujin - Hankone Pass Joyful Marathon (Japan) - geta

Some of the other Joyfuls*ll probabaly be seeing MikeMP in Sunday`s Yokohama Marathon too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

an amazing likeness

quick updates...

02/01 Milktruck - Mid-Winter 10 miler, Cape Elizabeth, ME

02/22 Milktruck - Hyannis Half Marathon, Hyannis, MA    <---- Cancelled due to snow

03/01 Milktruck - Irish Road Rover 5K, Portland, ME

03/29 Milktruck - Eastern States 20 miler, Kittery ME to Salisbury MA   <--- Likely DNS, very iffy, highly unlikely, doubtful, maybe

04/04 milktruck - Race the Runways Half Marathon, Brunswick ME

04/12 milktruck - Great Bay Half Marathon, Newmarket, NH

04/19 milktruck - Boys Club Patriots Day 5-Miler, Portland ME

(...all in running shoes)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Henrun

Ilene, please delete the 3/29 half marathon and 5 K in Danbury, Ct. For Marj and myself.

05/24 Twocat - Vermont City Marathon, Burlington VT

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

New skirt in town

5/17:  Run of the Mill 5K, Lexington, MA

6/7: Covered Bridges Half Marathon, Woodstock, VT

Thanks!

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I think I like bridges too.

5/17 tetsujin - Seattle Beat the Bridge 12K - barefoot

In the same way I remember, in the days I could scamper up the Mt. Fuji trail from the Fifth Station to the summit in about two hours, my scoffing at the warning sign at trail’s head about changeable weather and
                              it taking the average hiker six hours or so for the journey up to the top to peer into the inner crater below, my time has come in tomorrow’s annual Beat the Bridge 8K where the University Bridge at miles two opens for boat traffic 20 minutes after the start. I used to couldn’t believe how anyone could be that slow.
                              In recent years, however, in order to maintain the ten minute pace to get across the bridge before it opens, in recent years, I’ve had to break my cardinal racing rule of starting out at the back-of-the-pack .  Though I still think I should be able to run two miles at a sub-ten pace, there’s no way I’m going up to the front of the line with all the elites to do it.  Oh well, they say there’s a band to entertain us stragglers.  Maybe I’ll wear shoes or something to avoid giving barefoot runners a bad name.