Masters Running

MARCH Challenge!!! (Read 43 times)

I STINK at the push up part!!  Blush  Evil - burpeesEvil and those who start challenges with burpees are EVIL, pure EVIL  Evil   Wink

denise

jeffdonahue

I STINK at the push up part!!  Blush  Evil - burpeesEvil and those who start challenges with burpees are EVIL, pure EVIL  Evil   Wink

I can live with that.

But you did remind me (because my challenge for the month originally was going to be just a straight pushup challenge), if you can't do a real pushup (my wife can't due to arthritis in her shoulders) then you can drop your knees to the ground for the pushup part, which will ease some of the tension on the shoulders for the pushup.

Also, everyone should keep in mind that this is really just an adapation of the "100 burpee challenge" where you would start at one burpee then increase by one every day for 100 days.  In that challenge, if you miss a day you have to make those burpees up on the next day.  If you miss the next day, you have to start over.  Imagine missing day 75 and then having to do 151 the next day - now that is EVIL.

Marathon Maniac #957

I've never done a burpee before, but I was thinking I could start out with the 8 burpee challenge and build one a day from there. When I told my son, who has done burpees in PE class and as part of warm-up training for basketball before, about the burpee challenge, he gave me like this evil sort of chuckle.

I decided maybe I better just start at one burpee. . . Undecided

Same here.  I tried 5 of these this morning, without jumping but rather just standing up, and I still got my heart pumping and I think maybe pulled something slightly in my left groin.  I like to think I'm in decent shape, but maybe will just start with one......Undecided

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

I vote that we never let jeffdonahue be in charge again!

These posts are a cracked up!

I agree with MikeE.

I'm thinking a bunch of burpees each day isn't the way to taper into a 50k trail race with over 6,000 of elevation gain.  And THAT my friends, is a grand excuse!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

I did one burpee this morning.  It felt ackward, so I did another.  I guess one was practice and the other was for real.

one day down. only 30 more days to go. . .  Roll eyes

Tammy

OrangeMat

MM #6177

If you have a bench or a step, that makes easing into the burpees a bit easier. That's how we used to do them in the fitness classes I used to take/teach. So hands on the raised surface instead of the floor. I used to teach these with the BOSU, using the flat side up. Good times back then, I swear. Wink

If you have a bench or a step, that makes easing into the burpees a bit easier. That's how we used to do them in the fitness classes I used to take/teach. So hands on the raised surface instead of the floor. I used to teach these with the BOSU, using the flat side up. Good times back then, I swear. Wink

If you say so . . . . . . .

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance