Masters Running

Charlevoix (MI) Marathon - Sat, June 27, 2015 (Read 61 times)

Dave59

As our plans to move grind to a slow crawl, what are the odds there is an empty hallway where I could throw an air mattress?  It is looking more and more likely that I will be in Michigan in June unless the Michigan house fairies and WV condo fairies suddenly show up and do some magic.

Maybe I'll go over the race site and sign up for one of their shorter events.

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - there is plenty of room at the house I have rented.  Come on in!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dave59

Dave - there is plenty of room at the house I have rented.  Come on in!

Sounds good, thanks.  I went to sign up for the 5k or 10k and "accidently" signed up for the half..

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Sounds good, thanks.  I went to sign up for the 5k or 10k and "accidently" signed up for the half..

Well, it is shorter than the marathon..........................

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Did everyone get the email about the event shirts? The shirt will be a long-sleeve tech shirt by UnderArmor and they would like people to verify their size selection and change their registration info accordingly. I know that UA stuff is fairly tight fitting and after looking at their size chart I changed my shirt from Medium to Large.

And at the rate I'm making reverse progress, I also verified with the RD that I can downgrade from the HM to the 10K at registration time (no fee refund, but that's expected). Now all I have to do is make sure that I don't have to drop all way down to the 5K.  At least it now looks like my DW will be accompanying me, so she'll get to meet all my "virtual friends" at the same time I do!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

I didn't get the email....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sayhey! MM#130

Me either.......

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

Oh, and btw, I haven't cancelled my motel reservation yet......hope to be at the house, but figure if someone wants more privacy or we get more folks, it'll be good to have.  I can cancel it in June, so  just an FYI.

About the event shirts and a link on the page in case you want to change your size: http://charlevoixmarathon.com/race-information/event-shirts/

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, reviewing the rental - the house has a master bedroom on the first floor, 3 bedrooms upstairs, and a bonus room with a sofa-bed - so it can sleep 10 if we are two to a bed.

My friend Tara and I are both considering bringing our DD's.  If we do, then the sleeping arrangements might be like this:

Holly & DD

Tara & DD

Perchcreek & DW

Aamos and DH

Slo and DW or Slo and Dave if Slo's DW doesn't come.  (Sharing the room doesn't mean you have to sleep together.)  

Does this sound right?

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, folks, for those interested in staying in the house I have reserved:

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p279995?utm_source=sy&utm_medium=email&utm_term=20141118&utm_content=prop_text_t_LPROP&utm_campaign=InqiryConfirmation

I need to send in the full payment before the end of this month, so I need a little help.  The total cost is as follows:

$300/night x 3 = $900

$150 cleaning fee

$500 refundable security deposit.

So, the cost for the whole house (which sleeps 10) is only $350/night - nice deal.  However, I need to pay all this in advance.  I have already paid $450, but now need to send $1100 more ($450 rent + $150 cleaning fee + $500 security deposit).

I can come up with most of it, but if any of those who plan on staying in the house could possibly send me $100 in advance, that would be really helpful.  You can email me at hollys4874 at yahoo dot com to discuss if you like.

Btw, I don't think DD will be coming after all, since our church has camp that week.  Another trip, perhaps.

Sayhey! MM#130

Holly, message me your address so I can get you a check.

It's just me, DH is opting out for this one.  ( Can Tag stay with me?)

EVERYONE: I'm going to go ahead and cancel the AmeriInn reservation I have, unless someone lets me know they want it.  It's very close to the race so just let me know by May 20th, a week from now, please?

Looking forward to this, and thanks for doing all this Holly.

SteveP

Btw, I don't think DD will be coming after all, since our church has camp that week.  Another trip, perhaps.

The dog needs some one to show him where all the ice cream stores are. 

SteveP

Slo

Holly,

Sent you an email.

Sayhey! MM#130

OK, cancelled the AmeriInn reservation, so bunking in with y'all.

At some point, we should compare arrival times and all, yes?

37 days, less than that for the actual meet up!