Masters Running

40s+ On the Run - w/e 12/13/08 (Read 483 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - awww, such a nice pic of the kitties! A couple hundred years ago they woulda thought you were a witch with all those black cats (familiars?) hanging around Evil grin Evryday - "cold and windy, just the way I like it" -- ???? - there's something wrong with you Tongue Jim - that's some story - stroke at 32...I didn't know there were adults walking around with an undiagnosed open foramen ovale! Nothin' to say about the HM, I treated it as just another training run and tried to take it easy...but I DO have to say it's a LOT more fun to do long training runs in a "race" environment...what's not to like about not having to tote your own gatorade, having people cheer for you, and not to mention goodies such as at this race- hot pancakes waiting at the finish line Big grin On the way home from Oxnard, finally got a chance to check out the Ronald Reagan library - so far only my second presidential library, and a very worthwhile stop regardless of your political leanings (yes, it's as one-sided as you would expect any presidential museum to be). The aircraft that served as Air Force One at the time is there, that was way cool - although it was more than a little chilling to see "The Football", which was essentially a small suitcase containing everything a guy needs to start a nuclear attack anywhere in the world. Surprised Arla

Ex runner

Queen of 3rd Place

Huh, I'll be darned, that was a race PR for me in Oxnard. Guess that's good for something... Arla

Ex runner

Leslie - awww, such a nice pic of the kitties! A couple hundred years ago they woulda thought you were a witch with all those black cats (familiars?) hanging around Evil grin
        Some people might concede that I resemble that remark nowadays. Wink Well, I'll be darned - you got a PR at Oxnard . . . and it was a training run. And you're nervous about the marathon? Psha - you got that in da bag, girlfriend.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Evryday there's something wrong with you Tongue Arla
          Uh....ok.....Yeh, I get that alot.....thanks for noticing. Confused Big grin Big grin
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Nice cat pics Leslie......I bet the kids riding by on their bicycles avoid your side of the road and say to their friends, "hey, isn't that where that crazy cat lady lives"? "Isn't she the one that cast that spell on Joey last year"? "He's never been the same since"? Just kidding.......their beautiful! All 5 of 'em. Go get that 1000! Arla, you go girl. Dang.....your mileage is woot, woot. I'm curious to see what the weather is going to have in store for your marathon. Should be nice.....your going to do great! Knee/hip area is sore. Wishing I would have stopped at 7 instead of pushing thru the last 3. But what's done is done. I'll chill for a few days and hope for the best. Gotta get to work......Jewels
            But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee