Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 9.27.14 (Read 36 times)

TammyinGP

congrats to The Saint!  You ran very well also Ribs! Proud of you!  I could make jokes about getting chicked by your own wife, but that's probably not real nice, so I won't go there. 

got out this morning for a few trail miles with the dogs. They absolutely live for weekend mornings when we go running in the morning.

Very excited for the VT group! I bet there is too much fun going on and sadly, we probably won't even hear some of stories.

David is still resting, icing, elevating his foot. today there was a bit of bruising and it's bothering him a bit more than it did yesterday when he walks, so he's pretty much learning how to be a couch potato and just watch football all day. oh, and he's bored.

Tammy

Wow, the leaves are looking good, Jay, so is that long run. I had the same temp here in Mn this morning.

Go the Saint! Wow, first Senior woman is a great honor. you are a great coach, Ribs.

I am so happy for the VT group and hope you all have the best races ever.

We left home on Thursday at 1:00pm and drove through some awful traffic to get to our campground north of the Twin Cities. The worst was actually through Stillwater, my race destination. Road and bridge construction is making it a mess. We got set up before dark but MrStarr's foot was hurting quite a bit. His pinky toenail is gone and the next toe had to be reconstructed. Needless to say I didn't make him tour all the quaint shops, but I will come back for a girl weekend sometime.

He dropped me off at the park where the ten mile started and I finished in 1:45:14, a PR since it is my first 10 Mike race, and a better pace than the 10K on Turkey Day 2 weeks ago. Gotta go, we Re at DD2's house and the 1 year old grandson's birthday party starts now. I love those grandkids!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Have fun, Starr! Nice race for you. Gotta love those 10 Mike races.

Hang in there, David. Tammy, is this his first injury? Hard to go from being on top of the world and running PRs to sitting on the couch with an ice bag on your ankle.

Love the pictures from VT, and more on FB.

Woohoo to the Saint on an excellent race! You did well, too, Ribs. Nice job both of you!

I felt quite a bit better today so tried out a test run. Felt pretty good so kept on going. I can still feel it in my back, but it's more lumbar now I think. Weird. Still, was very nice to get out on a beautiful sunny day for 7.1 miles. Now to finish packing.

Mariposai

David is still resting, icing, elevating his foot. today there was a bit of bruising and it's bothering him a bit more than it did yesterday when he walks, so he's pretty much learning how to be a couch potato and just watch football all day. oh, and he's bored.

Tell David to learn from us old ones...rest up the injury...get totally healed before you start running again, that is if he want to run for a University and for life.

The 14th annual Autumn Leaf run was a blast. So many people joined us for this free wellness event. All children receives a free race shirt. It was the perfect weather for a family fun walk/run event.

A family of runners who grew up with the Autumn Leaf run being their annual event...from running on a stroller  as infants to running a 10k, these kids have been there every year. I do look forward to seeing them at once a year.

Being an RD for a race is not an easy task, but having a wonderful group of volunteers once again allowed me to run the 10k race. Second in age group, not bad.

The VT race adventure report is going to be a fun way to relax this weekend.

Go racers go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Congratulations on another of you community-wide Autumn Leafs, a nd second RD this year after the Orchard Half marathon.

After being one of 31 DQ’s out of 49 starters at the January 2006 Bridle Trails late-afternoon/evening 50K in sleet, hail, drenching rain for four six mile loops of muddy slop and horse poop ever step, I vowed never to return.  After eight years, I tried their new September version this morning in “good weather during normal hours.” Got a late start because of other Saturday morning swirlings but churned out four plus laps for 27 miles.

Good day for testing/experimenting/resolving some running/walking/form and thong issues from the Tunnel Lite Trail Marathon Also tested eschewing hydration for the six mile loops.  No problem until end of third lap (18-,miles) so hope MikeE doesn’t experience similar problems if he goes sine aqua for his VT 50 miles.  Probably not a real good idea, after all.   good luck.  
            Francesca had three laps before I even got there and then went to tend the store.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Great running Starr!

Well done on your Autumn Leaf Run Mariposai!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

The VT crew is hilarious!!

Yay Saint and Ribs!

Nice PR Starr

Sweet RD Nancy

Nice 27 Tet

We got our first run of the fall in!!! 6.5 miles and loved every step

SteveP