Masters Running

Monday August 20 Recovery Runs and Workouts (Read 469 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

No run for me today, just a light upper body and core workout.

Tonight is DD's Meet the Teacher night (school starts Wednesday).  The district lines were re-drawn in the spring, so she will be attending a new school this year.  Hopefully she will have a few kids she knows there as well.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Holly and everyone else ......Oh, nice 1/2M for you Holly !

Guess what............I start a new job today with a great company Smile  I worked for the company 3 days last week as a "try out" and the owner was impressed with my estimating and managing skills.

I had a pretty good running weekend - 20 miles Saturday....well, 18 miles then I bonked badly, then had a 2 mile run / walk the rest of the way home. Didn't drink any water hence the bonk....wasn't planning on 20 miles when I started. 7 more miles yesterday that felt great. The cooler weather sure feels better too. I had a 60 mile week, which is just fine for me right now.....

I reached my goal weight of 147 pounds Saturday...wasn't very hard once I got motivated to do so. Problem now is my clothes don't fit, so I need to go shopping....my running shorts kept slipping down running, and I had to keep pulling them up

Ok, off to work......feels good having a job to go to again that's for sure

Have a great day

TimBo

CIMG2383

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I weighed 147 once 10 th grade I think.  My dad said I would 6 foot 6 inches 260 lbs, well he got half of it right.......

Slo

No run for me this am. It was nice and cool and crisp. To hard to pull myself away from the warm body snuggled up next to me.

Fingers crossed that i can can get a good RAW tonight.

Dave59

5.26 miles this morning. 

Every Monday I tell myself I am going to start logging what I eat and keep the calories down to weight loss levels.  And gosh darn it, I mean it this time.

King of PhotoShop

So an easy 6 this morning and this afternoon will be a slow 3, which will put me at 21 for the week and leave me with 45 to go. Feeling okay.  Cool out this morning, low 70's and sunny skies here.

The Saint and I went out last night to help two friends of our qualify for the DFW area trivia finals, and they made it with ease, coming in 2nd out of 20 teams.  We weren't much help but we had fun.

In the movie "Beauty and the Beast" what was the first name of Belle's father?  We didn't get this one.  Spareribs

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Rest day for me.  2 runs on Saturday - 11 mile training and 15K race that evening - which I won 2nd place AG.  That is my 3rd AG's since July 25th.  You gotta love the smaller events - they are nicer on the ego.Wink

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

SteveP

In the movie "Beauty and the Beast" what was the first name of Belle's father?  We didn't get this one.  Spareribs

Mr. Belle, sir, my intentions with your (hot) daughter are purely honorable.

SteveP

Maurice?

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mariposai

Happy 66 miles week, ohh wiseone!!!

Busy place at the posie den. We are having a great time with our long time friends! Busy day yesterday visiting historical mining sites (our friend Dale is Chinese and has a deep interest in all the Chinese miners who were in this area in the late 1800). We also had a mini wine tour in Osyous, Canada. Great weekend!

6 timeless miles this morning and now ready to receive another triple digit day! Ohhh the warmth of summer!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly, nice racing yesterday, and good luck to your DD at her new school.

Tim, good luck with the new job, and congrats.

My DD is starting a new job today too - her engineering coop job.  She took her fall semester classes over the summer and she'll be working full time this fall.  The company makes lithium ion battery materials and other engineered nano-materials.  Hope she likes it!  I think the work co-op program is a great option for students - gives them real work experience while still in school.

4 miles yesterday, running to and from the county fair.  I enjoyed watching the "mutton busting" competition where small children try to ride sheep, rodeo style.  6 miles this morning before work.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

King of PhotoShop

Good job Opie!

Anyone here ever do Leadville or know anything about it?  We had two local finishers here and one of them is a friend who won her AG. Here is my post on it:

http://runningblog.dallasnews.com/2012/08/ursuline-girls-rock-at-raw-shaheen-rocks-leadville-dixon-and-crane-nail-a-tough-im.html/

Spareribs

Thanks Ribs.  DD was in a production of the play "Beauty and the Beast" a few years ago so that's how I knew.  You're lucky to have milder weather for your birthday week mileage goal.  Getting ready to go out for a little run.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

coastwalker

Strange to be posting at mid-day, but here I am.

Congrats on your half, Holly!! Very nice racing.

Good luck with the new job, Timbo! Congrats on a good weekend of running, except for the dehydration - be careful out there. Tough break about having to go clothes shopping, but congrats on reaching your weight goal. (DW is really pissed at me 'cause I've been in the same 7-lb range since we met 36+ years ago.)

You're doing great, Ribs, on working toward your birthday goal! Keep up the good work.

Congrats on your AG hardware, Joe! The size of the race doesn't matter - only how you do against whoever else shows up.

Great weekend, indeed, Mariposai!

Carolyn, best of luck to your daughter with her co-op job - mixing workplace experience with school is a great concept.

No workout for me this morning. I was too worn out from a long workout yesterday, trying to entertain a niece and girlfriend till they left yesterday afternoon, and then too much time spent pruning, pulling wayward vines, and other yard clean up tasks. So it goes...

Enjoy!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

King of PhotoShop

What type of fish is the focus of Hemingway's "The Old Man and the Sea"?   Spareribs