Masters Running

The Tuesday Daily, 6.24.14 (Read 41 times)

Fletch

Greetings, all.  Had a blast covering the back-to-back US Open Golf Championships, but I'm glad they are over!

I will not even try to get caught up on all the happenings.  Thumbs up to all of you for great racing and training.  From here out, I hope to be here enough to keep up.

Started Day One of a 16 week HM training plan.  That takes me to October 12th, which just happens to be the date of the Charlottesville, Virginia, Fall Classic Half Marathon.  And it's the week after DD1's wedding, so DW and I will be ready for a getaway.  Thought we'd catch some sights on Saturday, then I'll run the HM on Sunday.  It's my first HM.  In fact, I have not run any races longer than 5k since I started running back in September of last year.  I will probably work in a local 8k race in September that will fit into the training.

The training plan called for 5 miles easy today (between 10:10 and 10:40, according to "the plan").  So I ran 5 miles at 10:24 pace.

Happy running, everyone!

SteveP

You've been missed, Mary!

Dave, in a red neck of the woods, a tree branch like that would not last very long.

I feel your pain, Tom White. Training people is starting to burn me out as well. Last  saturday, the new new guy left after three hours. The next new guy can only work from 7 PM to 12 AM. The man is a professional financial planner. DW and I took one of his courses. He had some good things. And he had some things that weren't so good. Now he needs a second job and his wife has gone back to work. I'm glad we did not sign up for the second course.

Amy, your posts are always so upbeat!

Holy E. coli! Lamerunner, if there are a lot of ducks or geese in the area I can understand the warning.

Happy 25th, Erika! He's a very lucky man.

Rock on Wild!

The last time we saw a bear on our run, I called tag back. All he Heard was run! Run! Run!

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I just stopped in to say, "Hello everybody!"

Hi Mary!!!

Wildchild!!!

14 hours for 50 trail miles sounds pretty good in my books!!  Can't wait for the report.

I took another rest day....we all slept in.  Myself until 6:30, and the kids until 10:30, or so am I told, it being their first day out of school for the summer.  But when I inhaled the light, fresh, rain-cleansed air this morning on the way to work, I was so......wistful? and sad that I hadn't run in it.  It certainly doesn't smell like that by the time 5pm rush hour has come and gone.

Dave - lovely car!!  I financed my new car based on only a 5 month credit card history.  And one phone service bill for about two years (which had been an ordeal in itself to get, due to no credit history in the US).  Being from another country, they won't pay for a credit check outside of the US, and just went on that.  I was a bit surprised the deal went through, but I was quite prepared to pay in cash if it didn't.  Mortgages are another thing these days.....which is a good thing....I recently took over / renegotiated the mortgage on this house and you feel so exposed because they scrutinize your past 12 months of bank statements, tax returns, all assets etc....It felt pretty invasive.

TW - I agree - look for an older employee....

Aamos - Thunder Bay - well, growing up in Ontario.....never been there, but can think of two fellows I went to grad school with that grew up there.  Both went prematurely bald.  That's all I got.  How cool to get invited to a race!!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

never been there but I like Thunder Bay anyway

from when Tallrunner ran a 30K or something race around it.

ps - go to bed mike.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Greetings everyone!

Congrats to everyone who raced this weekend! Ran the Queens 10k myself, small PR but right now it's a PR lol..

Amy - That is a great time, congrats! Grandmas is on my bucket list..Those stats are amazing.

Dave - Any cupcakes left? Love me some cupcakes, especially when the wife makes red velvet ones Smile

Spareribs - Enjoyed the article on Ruffian, I remember the horse but not the race, yet I probably did watch it..

Stumpy - Love the stickers, I have my 13.1 and 26.2 on my mini van..have spare of each in the house in case they get lost in the car wash, which the 13.1 did a few days ago actually..

Pizza, I have that once a week..never miss it..

Did some speedwork tonight, planned on 12 sets of 400's but had to cut it short at 10 sets, getting late.. Thinking of starting to run in the AM, just that I like my sleep but think it's time for a change..Can't keep running til 10pm every night lol..

Singer who runs a smidge

Greetings, all.  Had a blast covering the back-to-back US Open Golf Championships, but I'm glad they are over!

I will not even try to get caught up on all the happenings.  Thumbs up to all of you for great racing and training.  From here out, I hope to be here enough to keep up.

Started Day One of a 16 week HM training plan.  That takes me to October 12th, which just happens to be the date of the Charlottesville, Virginia, Fall Classic Half Marathon.  And it's the week after DD1's wedding, so DW and I will be ready for a getaway.  Thought we'd catch some sights on Saturday, then I'll run the HM on Sunday.  It's my first HM.  In fact, I have not run any races longer than 5k since I started running back in September of last year.  I will probably work in a local 8k race in September that will fit into the training.

The training plan called for 5 miles easy today (between 10:10 and 10:40, according to "the plan").  So I ran 5 miles at 10:24 pace.

Happy running, everyone!

Do lots of hill repeats!!  Cville is not a flat place.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.