Masters Running

Sunday's Daily 12.21.14 (Read 26 times)

I'm starting? Where's Jay?

So the days starting getting longer from here on for a while -- hurray for that!

Dave59: 10 miles after a Bob Evans breakfast? You really are aiming for trouble!

Also glad to see LaTortuga back.

Good racing, TomS. AG placement can be anywhere at our age depending on who shows up, but you did really well overall considering you were likely one of the oldest.

Also looking forward to my DS being down here for a few days this week.

I ran 4.2 this morning which gives me a total of 4.2 for the week. Temperature just about 30 and partly sunny, but zero wind, so I did an out-and-back on the Clinton River Trail into downtown Rochester and back. Not many people on the trail and only one other runner spotted.

So how is your Sunday going?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

King of PhotoShop

Tselbs!

Every day this week in Dallas has been the same day.  High 40's, overcast or misting and no wind.  In other words, perfect running weather.  We went out to Grapevine today for the hills and ran 8 miles at exactly 10 minutes a mile, feeling good, and both of us finished well, the Saint with a 9:40 and me with an 8:46.

Now for football. Can anyone believe the Eagles tanked yesterday the way they did?  Spareribs

C-R

Hey guys. Quiet in here today.

Got some recovery miles this morning and now get to sit in a coaches clinic for the next 8 hours. At least it includes some field play.

Good race Tom.

Not sure if pro football can get any stranger but at least the Colts seem to be staying the course.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

clearing skies with beautiful blue blotches scattered here-and-there  in the Pacific Northwest today.

Apparently the big winter storm predicted for last night and today arrived a little early, like in the middle of yesterday's Pigtails Marathon.  The steady downpour bloated my feet into such soppy, soaking, tender sponges that I balied out at mile 21. oh well.

Hey C-R, with all your dedicated running with Patrick, how come yesterday was the first time of the year on an indoor track?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...thanks roch//............I think Jay slept in..........

=============

..........30's this morning,

,but that Evil, Winter Kind of 30's.......

started Cold,

Stayed Cold,

I'm Cold now.

....60-min bike ride 7-up and 7-down

..........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Back in Fairbanks after 2 months in Colorado. Still a bit disoriented with travel and dark but good to be here. Weather is pretty nice for this time of year. At 0+/- in town and 15-20 on the hills that's as good as it gets this time of year. Have gone for a couple short runs, one at -9 at the U the other morning and yesterday up here at the house. Running with air is much easier!

Skiing too, I'll ski almost every day as long as the weather holds, just supplementing with some running. I need about 21 more miles to exceed the 2000 running miles threshold (and it'll be some 700-800 skiing) for the year. 2 hr (30K) slated for today

No Erika sightings yet, but will report in if she is seen.

tet, you did well in your almost marathon in a downpour.  Nice 16, Mike.

This morning, it was in the mid 20s and almost calm.  I did 3 miles at an 11:23 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

So the days starting getting longer from here on for a while -- hurray for that!

Hey, only 11 more weeks until March!

I'm heading out in a little while to brave the mall and get our last Santa photo of DD, age 12.  (sigh)  We have a table dedicated to the annual Santa photos from birth to 12 years old, the age at which both kids said this was the last year.  DH on the other hand, keeps wanting the entire family to pose with Santa...

9 miles for me this morning in 20-25 degrees as the sun came up.

Short work week!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

No run yet today, but I swam for the first time in ages!  In the ocean!    The only downside to the beach and palm trees and warm sunshine is that it doesn't feel at all like Christmastime.   But I'll manage. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

Did you ever do something so stupid that you wonder how it is possible that you can even continue to exist?

I decided to attend a local 5k today that was taking place at 3:30.  I went to the park early and it was empty. I knew I was early but people should be at least setting up.  Then it hit me, the race isn't at Emerson Park in Midland, it is in Imerman Park on Midland Road in Saginaw. 

I had time to make the 15-20 minute drive to the correct park, but opted instead for an easy 3.1 by myself along the rail trail.  Just as well since I was tired from yesterday's 10 and a race is not what I needed.

mrrun

No run yet today, but I swam for the first time in ages!  In the ocean!    The only downside to the beach and palm trees and warm sunshine is that it doesn't feel at all like Christmastime.   But I'll manage. 

Warmth feels wonderful for Christmas - tho I could do without the occasional rain

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no need to feel guilty about no snow on Christmas as there wasn't any back where it all started 2,015 years ago either.  However, please do not hesitate to feel guilty about running the normally brutal Deception Pass 50K last week on the only sunshiny day the veteran habituals can remember when, if you would have come out here this weekend, you would have enjoyed steady rain and cold with me in the Pigtails Marathon.  Maybe next year, . . .that is, me in the sunshine, not you in the rain.  Enjoy Mexico and any fresh fish on the menu.

good job dave, happy skiing track-cat.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Did you ever do something so stupid that you wonder how it is possible that you can even continue to exist?

/................yep. on a Regular Basis...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Hey Trackrat! Hope to see you when you're here! I haven't been running much it seems. Actually did nothing for two days in a row this week. But, oh well. Downtime is good, right?

We must be just under the inversion layer because it never really did warm up here. It was 12 when I got up, and the temp gradually dropped until at about 2 pm it was only 3° so I figured I'd better get out there. Got a nice hilly run in during the last of the daylight. Can't wait to start gaining daylight hours again! Well, ok, it'll be just seconds for awhile, then minutes. By Valentine's Day it'll be light when we get off work! Woot!

6.15 hilly miles to get me to "almost" 22 miles for the week. I'll be lucky to crack 150 for the month at this rate!

Mariposai

Erika, cut back weeks are necessary Smile.

Spareribs, way to go with that consistent pacing. Reading about your runs with the Saint always makes me smile.

Praying for Denise and the family.

What a gorgeous day we had here today. Sunny and high 30s in the morning and over 40 at noon when Daniel son and I went for a few miles of snowshowing. 12 miles in the late morning. Then I enjoyed a delightful brunch cooked by Daniel son for us. I just enjoy having the kid around. Tonight was empanadas and pico de gallo night to spoil the kid and my other kids. Welcomed the busy day.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard