Masters Running

Monday 8/25 runs and what not (Read 421 times)

Renee the dog

nono, fantastic 10K PR. Has your doping test come back yet?
    Yes, it has and for now, copious amounts of Manhattans instead of all O+, are OK by USATF standards. Wink Really, I've never drank and run a race the next day. But at my Dad's funeral, I did have a Manhattan or two. Hmmmm... JLynne, yes, I celebrated by taking a nap! I never need a nap. I guess I finally wore myself out. Great shot of Riblet! Made my day! I really think I have all of you to thank on this daily for inspiring me to do more than I might have otherwise. So, thank you all!!! Oh, and I did 3 mi in 28 min flat with Renee pulling me. I think all my running injuries are really "Renee running with me injuries." Soon the crowds will be gone, and we'll be back to just local dogs, and all will be normal again. I'll just put the summer pulling in the "crosstraining" column.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

King of PhotoShop

It is everyone's job here on this site to divine or somehow extract the natal day of the dark-complexioned equine. (I use these odd words so he won't know what I mean but the rest of you will catch on.) Spareribs
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Dark Horse, good luck with the teaching job! DS16 has taken three years of Spanish, and this year he will also be taking Latin, just because he wants to. He is quite excited about it! I hope you get a lot of sharp, enthusiastic students.
        SteveP

Kewl Tramps!!!!!! Nono, you rock the house!!!! Sweet Don't quit running, Holly, we love your kids! Wildchild, my kids are very good about letting me know when I dress poorly. DW does too. SO does my boss. Yeah and our priest. Only a few of my imaginary friends do though. CNYrunner, this too shall pass. (((((Tammy))))) DH, at one time I took nearly a 30% pay cut cause I wanted to spend more time at home. Most of the kids have moved out and there are fewer people to annoy. 4.5 miles on legs of lead. With the company I work for now, I'm getting the feeling that the last week of the month will always be hectic. My runs may be a carp shoot. Oh well. AT least I dig it.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #3309

After Sat and Sundays 27 miles, tonights 4 easy / recoevery miles felt great...and A LOT cooler out too. My blood tests should be complete tomorrow or Weds, I am sure all is fine...but still feel these funky heart beats. Twocat said he has never really heard of someone being sooo acute to their heat beats, I hate it but guess I do realize it seems strange to most. I have just learned to live with it after I found out my heart was fine...hopefully the same now...I am sure. Very nice picture Holly. Mary, again...GREAT JOB on 41 miles...you are awesome. Erika, hope the foot thing gets better. I am struggling a little with a simalar thing...but managing ok. Still can't get the image of Carolyn running topless out of my mind, lol. Speaking of getting things off my mind....Ribs, I don't know what the heck you just said...I am too simple minded, lol Bruce, good job on your decision Sat on your wave run...it was THAT hot out...there will be other Sat's to come bro. I couldn't have done my wave run either, I don't think with the very hot conditions. About 8 weeeks to my first MARATHON...YIKES. Good job everyone!!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

wildchild

Carolyn

Sorry, Tim, no topless running today. It was only 55 degrees, so I kept my shirt on. Big grin I ran 4.4 miles on a beautiful trail in the local state park on the way home. Very hilly (OK, mountainous) so the uphills were a run/walk mix and the downhills were slow to avoid twisting my ankles on the rocks/roots. The trail went through a beautiful valley with an old historic homestead and log outbuildings. Ribs, I got it covered. I got a seekrit plan.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Good thing WildChild's on it. I know what he was talking about, but am no help. Hit the gym tonight: 5 miles on the stationary bike, about 30 minutes of weight lifting and 30 minutes of pool running. Gotta be a reward for that somewhere down the line...!