Masters Running

Turn over a new leaf - Tuesday 2/5 (Read 51 times)

Dave59

Good morning.  I was a big sports fan growing up.  The Super Bowl was more like the end of the year than December 31st.  Even though I'm not as big a fan as I used to be, the habit of viewing the post Super Bowl time as beginning a new year stays with me a little.

Time to start thinking about 2013.  I made reservations for Green Bay.  I wanted to grab a spot before they were gone so even though it's 103 days out I made the plunge.  The good thing about Green Bay this year is that I can visit my daughter even if something happens and I can't run so I don't worry about wasting money.  I got a hotel near her apartment in De Pere, but it is one with a shuttle to the race so I don't have the hassle of driving and parking.

I guess the next step is to start running consistently again.   Today I am going to wait until later when it gets in the 20's.  It's -1° now and since I work at home and have flexibility, I may as well use that to my advantage and head out later.

(Ended up with a 4.3 mile run.)

Good for you Dave. A stated plan is the greatest motivator. A 30minute run in very cold weather. My face was freezing. Legs felt amazing. Weighed myself on an industrial scale at work and almost fainted. 237 fully dressed with boots but still. I have been eating well and am in good shape but much heavier than I thought sgo have to keep focusing on slow deliberate weight loss to a svelte muscular 225. Dreamer your nothing but a dreamer!  Have an amazing day and kiss the kids no matter old tallold tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Dream no small dreams I say!

So I check back in on cold weather running day for Dave---perhaps appropriate as it's -19F here in Lake Placid, NY. I only made it two loops around Mirror Lake and whimpered to myself the whole way, but I got my run in and can go off to work (no puffy eyes either----the cold takes care of that!!) Hill repeats tomorrow back in MA, run in Central Park at the end of the week and then long run Sunday---looking forward!

Plans keep me on track, so I am whittling away at the plan for 2013 including racing with a new team---all exciting and now I just need to train for real.

Enjoy the day all---back to the grind and my traveling ways.

Big cheers to Stumpy!

Good Morning, Folks -

Haven't seen me in awhile, huh?  Things have been crazy at work, especially this last week, and all I've wanted to do when I get home at night is crash, and the thought of getting on a computer has been very unappealing unless I had work to do.  I have been getting in my miles, but gave up on the planks challenge when I simply kept forgetting and didn't have the fortitude to do it in the evening.

But now, hopefully everything is back to "normal," or at least as close as we can get to normal.  I don't have to babysit pitiful beneficiaries this week, which is a boon (last Friday - 14 hr day of babysitting).

Speaking of signing up for races, Sunday evening I signed up for Headlands 50 for September 14, and last week I signed up for Rodeo Valley 50k for March 16.  Both are in the Marin Headlands outside of San Fran where I've run a number of races.  I'll be running Mt. Hood 50 again in July, but Headlands 50 will have twice the amount of elevation gain - yikes!  Coach promises me I'll be ready for it.  We'll see!

Okay - I gotta get outta here and go get my run on.  Later ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome back, Leslie and Karen.  Lots of miles from both.  And looks like lots planned.  -19°F Shocked  Welcome to ERika territory.  (BTW--Karen, might you be in Westfield at the end of March?)  Leslie--normal is all relative.

Speaking of dreams, I had my profound thought for the week (or month) as the alarm went off at 5:25 this morning.  Surprisingly, chasing your dreams DOES NOT include nearly as much sleep as I would like.  But 4 miles in 40 degrees warmer than Karen.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

..ok, that cat is just Not Normal fatozzig/////

=========

32min poolrun,

still haven't gotten the hang of getting a lane,

showed

up 20min early to beat out two ''Splashers'' who hog a couple.

Odd Sport, Swimming.

........hopefully back and leg will feel like a BikeRide tomorrow,

have a feeling

the guy will call me to come pick up my lawn mower tomorrow.......currently can't ''pick up'' much.

............good running guys....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Sorry I've been absent, but I've been wicked busy, and I took a few days off from working out last week. I had my second acupuncture session for my sciatica yesterday. It is definitely making a positive difference, but I'm not where I need to be yet. I racewalked about 5 miles this morning with minimal discomfort. But about an hour after I got back and stretched, etc., I sat with a cuppa coffee for a few minutes, and was a hurting puppy when I got up to move around again. It seems that I tighten up quite a bit when I stay in certain positions for too long. Next session is on Friday...

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

King of PhotoShop

Second recovery day in a row for me, 3.5 drizzly miles with the Saint on the dirt track.  Off to work.  Spareribs

OM, nice race.  maine, good job in your race.  rhoon, keep the pictures coming.  It looks like you've lost most of your snow.  Hi, CNY and fatozzig.

Nice long runs for wild, evan, and tramps (with speedwork).

This morning when I went out it was 5° and there was a light wind.  When I finished 8 miles later, it had warmed to 12°.  I had an 11:16 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

kiss the kids no matter old tallold tall

My DS is almost getting too tall for kisses - I can barely reach his cheek anymore....Smile

CNYrunner - brrrr!

Leslie - I see two faces there....

Anyone know why SteveP is in the hospital?  Saw a post from him on FB but missed why he is there.

I spent a little too much time packing lunch and fixing breakfast for the kids and a veggie smoothie for DH so I didn't get in a long a run as I had hoped.  Still - nice to send them off with full tummies...

4.6 easy-paced miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Anyone know why SteveP is in the hospital?  Saw a post from him on FB but missed why he is there.

Apparently Steve hasn't been feeling well for a while.  There were abnormalities in his EKG and he's having a stress test tomorrow.  (This info posted on FB by his step-daughter asking for thoughts and prayers.)

I imagine he is insisting they find some mini-treadmills for his dogs to run on, with him.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

And, as hard to believe as it is, he is tormenting the nurses.  Hope everything goes well for him.

Leslie - I see two faces there....

I don't think you're suppose to, but have fun with that!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

I don't think you're suppose to, but have fun with that!

At first it looked like an angry cat wearing a squirrel hat, but then I increased the magnification enough to see what it is.  I didn't want to make the same mistake I did with the ostrich.

After further review, I am back to it being a cat with a squirrel hat.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

At first it looked like an angry cat wearing a squirrel hat, but then I increased the magnification enough to see what it is.  I didn't want to make the same mistake I did with the ostrich.

After further review, I am back to it being a cat with a squirrel hat.

+1