Masters Running

Monday, December 3 Runs and Maybe Nots (Read 343 times)

Congrats to all who raced this weekend!

Started following a training program for the 5/3 Riverbank Run in May so an easy 3 this a.m.

King of PhotoShop

Well done Baboon!  You too Sarge!

Still no legs!  I am so annoyed.  Did 3.3 on the dirt this morning. I guess the switch to trail running after never doing them makes for a harder workout than I thought.  And Tramps, I wasn't anywhere near as mad in that post as I really am!  Today I'm writing about it for my Dallas Morning News article.

My nephew Joe has some Portuguese Water Dog, a breed I never heard of. My sister told me she was babysitting for Joe's kids one weekend and cutting up a chicken at the kitchen counter.  The dog walked over to the door and hit the bell to go out.  We have the same thing, like a jingle bell that hangs from the door. So Suzanne walks over to the door to let the dog out and as soon as she gets there, the dog races back to the kitchen and grabs the chicken from the counter.  I thought that was pretty good, but not as smart as Koko that's for sure.  Spareribs

pfriese

G'day all. I'm still recovering from a nasty cold/cough, but was able to get a nice 1000 meters swimming in this morning before work. No run for me today either, but I may try to get on the bike when I get home (72 degrees in December!).

Have a great day.

Paul

TammyinGP

Bill, that's a wonderful surprise for your wife. My parents were in Spain for 3 wks recently and one week of that was spent on a mediterranean cruise. They loved it! They've been on 4 or 5 cruises now and the Med one was their favorite.

Arms are a bit more sore today then they were yesterday after my poweryoga class on Saturday. I figured that would happen.

Tammy

Dave59

Congrats to all who raced this weekend!

Started following a training program for the 5/3 Riverbank Run in May so an easy 3 this a.m.

6 very easy miles for me this morning.

The 5/3 race is one that I have been wanting to do but I forget about it and accidentally make other plans at that time.  I'm glad you mentioned this now because I can pencil it on the calendar and see if I can make it this year. 

#artbydmcbride

TomWhite, PT exercises can definately sometimes help and sometimes aggravate!  When they aggravate...you know....do something else.  Blush

nice racing Baboon!

I had a good race yesterday, even after a long run on Saturday.  It must be all this rain.  I will run easy tonight in the park; 4 miles or so.

Runners run

Henrun

Tom, I agree with Ilene. PT often aggrevates a condition. I try to wait a day until it improves before exercising I 'm starting back in PT this Wednesday. Today I walked for 45' while Marj walked and ran and did a very short bike ride. Better but pain still there.

TomWhite, PT exercises can definately sometimes help and sometimes aggravate!  When they aggravate...you know....do something else.  Blush

...thanks guys//...........I guess I knew that,

but of course, I wanted to HurryUp and get better........

SomeThingElseDoing

now

in progress.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

#artbydmcbride

you are the very best, tomwhite!   Smile

Runners run

Bushrat Runner

Posai ran Kermel Grade yesterday! Woohoo! Good memories of high school XC...back when I could run a behemoth uphill like that...

Mariposai

Posai ran Kermel Grade yesterday! Woohoo! Good memories of high school XC...back when I could run a behemoth uphill like that...

Thanks for posting this about Kermel Grade. It sure is one hard hill to conquer. Funny, that hill is still being used by high school coaches to toughen up their students! Joking.

Only 3 recovery miles for me this morning. That is all from me now. After a busy weekend I am ready for a nap!

Great job racers!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps - Very smart of Koko.  Made me Big grin.  She sounds like she could be quite the character.

Congrats on your PR, Baboon.

If I tried to hula hoop, I'd be afraid of throwing something out of kilter.

4 steady miles this a.m., followed by 45 min of core/UB strength training.  In the middle of the workout, I did two sets of 10 of these without crossing my legs and with my arms out in front of me to help pull me up.  My legs were on the verge of revolting toward the end.  Obviously, I have some ST stamina to build back up.  However, I'd rather do those than burpees.  Burpees don't go well with the surface I work on (indoor/outdoor carpet over concrete) and the fact I do all my Core/ST barefoot.  . . . . . okay, that and the fact I just intensely dislike burpees and refuse to do them.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...fatozzig//...........I think we've all been avoiding it,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you're New Avatar is giving some of us NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!!

and not

the GoodKind.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you're New Avatar is giving some of us NIGHTMARES!!!!!!!!

and not

the GoodKind.

Then I have succeeded!

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

5 mile run at lunchtime. It was cold and I so did not want to go running, but it's not raining right now and later today we have a huge wet front moving in and should be nothing but rain for 3 days. So I knew I'd regret it if I didn't take advantage of a dry day. And once again, I just proved to myself that you don't regret the runs that you do, but would likely regret the runs you don't do.

I had a nice 5 mile progression run, even though that's not what I intended. Each mile just got easier. Started at 9:54, ended at 9:12. then I went to enter it on my RA log and saw that I haven't run since 11/24! what??!!! I can't believe it's been that long since I've run. Made me even happier than I took advantage of today.

Tammy