Masters Running

Thu Feb 28 Runs and Workouts (Read 689 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good afternoon all! enke- regarding the faker.... BUSTED! I'm very impressed that you stuck it out that long on the treadmill when you weren't feeling so hot. Takes a lot of mental fortitude to do that! Nicely done! Aamos- variety is good in more ways than one. YOu get a mental break, and it helps keep the body well balanced. What running column do you do? Twocat- thanks! I talked about my run below. Tammy- not you too.... Sad Feel better. SteveP- so the foot is doing better? I'm not gonna go into details about having to handle my mom's estate, but I wholeheartedly agree with you about not putting our loved one's through this. Our experiences sound very similar, and I sympathize with you. I'm now 2 years after my mothers passing, and an issue just came up recently that needs dealing with. Good luck with the house sale. Also, you mentioned a job possibility? Anything to report? I wonder if the rodent trick works on people too. SueT- come work here! We have a lot of animals of the human variety that you could work on. PDR- get to bed early and soak up that rest day tomorrow! Look at the forecast, a warming trend is coming. hally- thanks for the heads up, and dtoce- very cool! Cmom- Colorado sound like the place to be if you want nice weather today! That's terrible about the abductions! Sad I hope they get the person. wildchild- speaking of getting lost, see my run details from today. I'm a recycler too, but one concession I have to live with is wearing clean clothes to work.... most of the time. JJJ- you wearing your skirt to the spa? Felt like 8, 5k pace at the end... I think the word around here for that is sproinky? Stay tuned for my next reminder. Loved your ode to February, thanks for that! My first meeting at work started late and ran long. Don't they always. Looked at my watch, it's 1:30. Next meeting was at 3pm. Let's see, 10 minute drive to the trails, 5 mile run, 10 minute drive back, quick shower and change, bite to eat, plenty of time, out the door I go! The trail loop I had planned was 6 miles long, and everything was going well till the point where I detoured in order to cut the trail short to make it 5 miles. I thought it was going well until I came across another set of footprints in the snow. I stopped and compared the footprints to my own, and lo and behold they were my footprints. I went in circles. Crap. My garmin was at 5 miles already, to double back would make it more like 9 miles, so I used my best boyscout senses and headed off in another direction. You could get lost for hours out in these trails. Trust me, I know. Eventually I got back to someplace familiar and got back to my car. 8 miles. Looked at my watch, it was 2:50pm. Crap again. Flew back to the office and there is everyone waiting for me in the conference room. No time to change, no time to eat. For the next hour I laid out our companies strategy for integrating our computer systems with our customers and vendors in my stinky wet running clothes, and the best part was that nobody batted an eyelash to see me like that, they're used to it by now.
    OH MY GOODNESS, that is absolutly priceless!!! I am still grinning from ear to ear...thanks for all you contribute Bob.. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

btb, LOL!! You had me laughing out loud. I think people expect similar behavior from me now, also. I haven't posted much lately, but I'm still doing OK. This week I did 5.3 TM miles on Sunday, 3.4 hilly miles on Monday, 3.5 flat miles on Tuesday, and 3.3 TM miles today. Tomorrow I'm planning 3.0, and Saturday 7.5 (gulp). I'm aiming for a total of 26 miles. I'm so happy my body is adjusting well to the additional mileage! I never would have believed it. HM, here I come!! Teresa
      Teresa, I am sooo proud of you....and you WILL do great on your 1/2 M...26 miles in a week is a Marathon!!! Keep up the great work! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

PJH

Easy 6.3 recovery miles tonight in what is hopefully the last very cold day of this winter. Rising temps and snow for tomorrow. Pace 9.56 with HR @140. Have a great evening everyone. PJ
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Teresa, I am sooo proud of you....and you WILL do great on your 1/2 M...26 miles in a week is a Marathon!!! Keep up the great work! Tim
          Thank you so much, Tim!
          Mariposai

Teresa, you are so ready for your first Half Marathon. Great job. Tongue Tamster, I agree with our Taper Boy...rest, rest, rest...you will get back to running sooner that way. Enkie, you are one tough lady...wow...running 10 miles on the TM is a challenge enough, but running when you are not feeling like it takes toughness and mental fortitude. Got of work early today, I came home put a pot roast in the oven and went out for a 3 miles hilly run in 55 degree weather. So...I did a double today and thus accrued 5 miles. I think I will do my LR tomorrow since I have a wedding to attend on Saturday and I have to decorate the wedding cake during the day time. Go racers!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

Another beautiful evening for a run. 5.1 miles @ 9:37/mile pace Paul

Marathon Maniac #957

The four kids are my step kids. Only DS lives with us. DD#2 & DD#3 have come by to hang out for a bit. DD#1 and DD#2 call to talk with me. There's bio dads who don't know where the kids who live with them are. This is kewl. Cool
                I bet you are a great stepdad, Steve...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

I bet you are a great stepdad, Steve...
                  All the kids and SIL have Batman shirts.

SteveP