Masters Running

Monday Runs - Or Sleeping In??? (Read 562 times)

Evryday....I thought that was a Palin-ism! Maybe it is?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Dark Horse - did you ever get a definitive diagnosis on what is up with your knees?
      Holly, no; thanks for asking. It may be as simple as my being too tall and awkward and the stress on my knees being too great. I am not particularly graceful or well-coordinated. I have always done well at sports by doggedness and trying harder and caring more than other people--by diving to make the catch rather than letting the ball hit the ground--not by being talented. In running, the frustrating thing is that I do have some talent, in the sense that I have much greater endurance than most people, but my joints don't let me train hard enough to rise much above the mid-packers. You saw me run a sub-4:00 marathon on light training, no long run beyond 13 miles, and almost no running the month before the race because of injury. This on a tough hilly course in Kosovo, which one of the experienced participants estimated was 30 minutes slower than Boston. Probably I will never run another marathon, but stick to short races I can manage on light training. Dark Horse
      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.