Masters Running

Eliz de-lurks for a Race Report?!?! (Read 265 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

It really brought home the fact that this sport is for people of all abilities and that even at my turtle-like pace I can inspire someone else - an utterly kewl and awesome responsibility that I'm thrilled to take on.
    Yes! Yes! This is so true! And even those who finish in last place are still an inspiration to those who are unable to even complete the distance at all! Great race, great message!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Nicely done. Glad you enjoyed the race!!!!!!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Eliz...Great race report. From someone else at the back of the pack, a big Congratulations! A year ago, my goal was to make 36 minutes on a 5K too! This past summer when I was fighting shoe problems, you would've beat me easily in a 5k with speedy times like that. Great Job and keep up the good work. Janet
        Rindaroo

Yay Eliz!! So, glad you did the race & most importantly that you had FUN! I know this race aversion thing has been a thing for awhile, so I'm so excited that you had fun Smile How cool is it, that other people were using you as their inspiration!! so when's the next one? Big grin
            Eliz, Thank you for sharing such a great experience. I enjoy when you post so it was a treat to see this wonderful race report. Aside from running well you sounded quite fashionable, which we all know, is what it is truly all about. Remember dahlings, it is better to look good than to feel good and you look maahvelous!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Greta job Eliz!! Like everyone else has said .... of course your are a runner and a racer too!! That is so kewl about the woman using you as a pacer. You did a great job and have lots to be proud of!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

dg.

Eliz, I'm so happy for you!!! You've really stuck to this, through foot problems & work stress & all the associated discouragement. What a nice reward. WTG. Big grin I really enjoyed your report. Thanks so much.
                  Ah, shucks. Embarrassed You guys are so nice, I just spent the little time I had to run today (between school and night class) basking in your compliments! Roll eyes Well, that and I really didn't want to show up to class all smelly. Shocked Next race is on Thanksgiving on the (ultra flat) boardwalk! Hoping for gentle breezes. Thanks again! Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Tramps

Eliz, what a neat RR, thanks for sharing. Congratulations! You are a real runner; get used to it. Smile Good luck on Thanksgiving!

Be safe. Be kind.

Yea why you lurking! Common! The boards are fine! Nobody here their living by running. It is all for our own inspiration. The only person you can race is yourself. As to you, you did a fine job pushing yourself through the race and to the finish. A near PR! Sounds like a good race day to me. Enjoy having done it and now start looking forward to your next run and then your next race!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

arf

MM #405

my main goal always to run injury free Eliz
                        Excellent advice that all of the crusty old stubborn runners here should take, (me included)! You are VERY wise! Huge congrats on your race Eliz and I loved reading your RR, thanks for sharing. arf
                          Great race Eliz and I am so glad you shared the report. Inspiration works at all paces and I am sure you have inspired many. The best part of all of this is to having fun and looking forward to the next one. Way to go! Karin