Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 11.3.14 (Read 32 times)

C-R

Hey friends. Been quiet for a while. Too much on the plate.

Holly - two words. Spud Webb. Good luck to DD.

Nice Aamos in giving those medals to the kids. I give all of mine to my kids except for two. I now donate them to medals for medals or whatever group is stationed at the finish line. Seems a better use than storing in a closet.

DS is getting ready for USATF state and regionals XC for a trip to Myrtle Beach. Should be fun. I'm just trying to put one foot in front of the other. Currently succeeding.

On the weird coincidence aspect of the day. Last week I had a trip to Washington DC right after the MCM. This week I'm off to NYC right after the NYCM. I seem to be a week out of synch to have business pay for my running. That's next years goal.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Oh!  and hugely wonderful shot of Kevin (stumpy) after a very torrential 15 miler on FB!

Thanks.  If you like the drowned rat look, I guess.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Drowned rat or not, Stumpy, running in those conditions will get you the "we are extremely impressed" looks.  Well, except for 2Kitty . . . .

Great running this weekend!  I've been pushed around in some windy trail races, but knocked over?  Karin is a tiny little thing, isn't she?

And Ribs and the Saint - just

I'm sure SteveP is duly impressed by the Halloween costume, Dave.

I did some cross training yesterday working for The Hub.  He has yet to pay me for any of my physical labor or my bookkeeping talents. Hmmm . . .

Had visions of getting up this a.m .for core/ST, but having been awakened last night multiple times by either The Hub's snoring or the cats, I turned off the alarm before it buzzed.  Don't know why he was snoring, except he was pretty tired after working 7+ days without a break.  I also have to keep reminding myself that this is my down time until after we return from vacation on the 17th.  However, I did get a new headlight (Aamos - ), so perhaps a predawn walk is in order to try it out.

My - eh hem - helper this weekend.  He has found his calling as a wall (ignore the frightful mess):

Have a good week ~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

fatozzig yes from me stumpy77 just gets an "are you crazy" look.  Remember the rule "no running in the rain"© there are no exceptions.  You can go out while it is not raining and then get caught.  But otherwise if it is raining you should not be out running in it.  

Well I did read the daily from the last two days, but I am too tired to comment on much.  I wish I had so many awards that I had to start disposing of them.  If you are going to get rid of some, I do like the idea of turning them into mementos for others by inscribing various messages on them.  I have to suggest that to my SIL.  She has so many ribbons from dog shows that she needs to clear them out every now and then.  She should do the inspirational thing.

Mariposai that pumpkin stew recipe is really tasty!  I hope everybody at your house liked it.

Today was one of my final pre-marathon runs.  I went out this morning for 9 miles.  But was rudely interrupted by a phone call.  That shut down my Zombies Run! app so I did not get my 3 materials for the run!   Well, maybe next time I will finish the episode and get them.  I have just two more pre-marathon runs left, 6 on Wednesday and 4 on Thursday.  The Savannah marathon is on Saturday and so far the weather report is looking really good!  Unlike NY this Sunday.  Those poor runners!  I heard the winds were horrible.  I was running race support for a friend and she finished about 45 minutes after her goal time.  She seemed pretty happy post race nevertheless.  Just a tough day for a marathon.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Tet. Hard to believe that just 9 years ago at age 59, I ran the Half in 1:34!  The times, they are a-changin'.

I know what you mean but it's now been twelve years for me.

. . . . Oh, 59, How do I love thee?
            . . . . Let me count the ways
            . . . . 3:59:23
            . . . . now those were the days.     
            ps tammy - did david’s foot fully heal?
            My 83-yo Ironman mentor eschews all “ball” sports as too injury-prone for life-long running. So far so good for him.  If David can do the same, he’ll still be running in 2085 or so.  Good luck.
            pps dave - sounds like a good excuse to walk, run, or cycle to Florida to see the GK,  I bet the two GD's'd remember that. . 
            ppps holly - it’s hard to pretend being normal to people who wouldn’t think so if they knew why you were grimacing down stairs, knees buckling to cross the room,  etc. but I might have gotten away with it by staying sufficiently behind all the non-runners I was associating with today, stopping and pretending I was talking on the cell phone or something so they wouldn’t notice I was having to take an extra step on each stair (both up/down, it didn't matter) and was always trying to keep or catch my balance on any nearby railing, wall, chair, parking meter or most anything else to hang onto. whew.

pppps C-R: just saying "myrtle beach" sounds like something must be going on you don't want to miss.

ppppps twocat - no particular reason but do you carry your cell phone in races too in case anyone is available to call you up every five minutes to wish you well?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

janie b good

fyi, eastbay has the women's mizuno wave sayonara and mizuno wave rider 17 on sale for $89.99 --

mizuno wave sayonara

wave rider 17

oh, and almost forgot:   the eastbay sports bra for 11.99 --  (which is what I was originally shopping for, but picked up some new shoes too!)

sports bra

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

SteveP

Aamos, the RD should pay you for classing up the event.

Riley is bringing a tear to my eye.

Hi Janie!!!

Tammy, it's amazing seeing the young man david is growing into. The youtube vid of him a few Christmases back plays through my head.

Norm!!!

Tag and I got out for two rainy miles. It sure felt greta.

SteveP