Masters Running

Selfish Indulgence (Read 269 times)

HermosaBoy

So, when I started as a runner June of 2003 I did MANY (most?) things wrong. I trained for a marathon starting from zero mileage with only 18 weeks to go. I had no concept of pace or what a realistic finishing time was. I was injured probably 30% of the training cycle and still ran the marathon. But I did do one thing that I am really happy about -- I have kept a VERY accurate log. Today, after an 18 miler I accomplished something -- here it is from the log: Total Stats Distance: 10001.3 Mi Time: 1316:12:35 (54 days, 20 hours) Wow -- I have come a long way and loved almost every step... Sorry for the selfish indulgence, but I am pretty jazzed by this! Big grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Awesome. Congratulations. I don't think there's anything indulgent about it. You've earned the praise. Now, can I have some of your speed? Walt

#artbydmcbride

Shocked Congratulations!

Runners run

Congratulations Hermosaboy, I hope to be joining you soon..(8382.5) next year for me. You deserve it and by the way if your giving away speed, how about sending some my way? I promise to put it to good use! Big grin
            Hardly selfish and a milestone that should be shared and cheered. Great numbers there! Karin
              Congrats Rob. It's those miles that allows you to develope that speed. It serves you well. Keep kickin butt!!

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

Marathon Maniac #3309

Congratulations Hermosaboy, I hope to be joining you soon..(8382.5) next year for me. You deserve it and by the way if your giving away speed, how about sending some my way? I promise to put it to good use! Big grin
                Yeah right....after your blazing 10 K yesterday.... Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I like happy posts! Cool Congrats.
                  Masters 2000 miles

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

That's what running is all about.. Individual goals and self satisfaction! Your Miles are impressive but your SPEED is amazing! Why did it take so long to discover running? btw... your stats work out to 7:54 pace average!!! WoW Congrats, Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

HermosaBoy

That's what running is all about.. Individual goals and self satisfaction! Your Miles are impressive but your SPEED is amazing! Why did it take so long to discover running? btw... your stats work out to 7:54 pace average!!! WoW Congrats, Steve
                      I just never really ran other than for other sports... I was your classic Baseball, Basketball, Football player throughout High School. Ran a few races based on training for the above sports and did OK (I think I went sub 40 in a 10k during basketball one year and had a 5:09 mile).

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

evanflein

I agree with everyone here, your speed is amazing. To think you haven't been doing it for ages makes it even more so. Congratulations on the mileage 10k! I hope to reach that level in... oh... a few years yet.