Masters Running

Our new member of the house hold. (Read 367 times)

SteveP

For some time, DW has decided it would be good for me if we got a whippet. Saturday, 5/31/2008, we went to the animal shelter and had one in hand. Turns out, he had been adopted the day before...Just not picked up yet. I was ready to get on with the rest of the weekend. Though I'm doing zero employemnt stuff at home now, Mom's estate is stil a mess. If we had not already hired a lawyer, I'd walk away from it and let whom ever have it. We wound up walking two more dogs. "Ace" won our hearts. It seems he was named after Bruce Wayne's dog who joing the dynamic duo in the mid 50's. In the Sunday daily, I posted a picture: This is not our dog... Simply an example of what he resembles. Sorry for the confusion. This is "Ace" This shot gives an idea as to his size. Once he catches a punt..He likes to play "Gimmie the damn ball" (Thanks Tom White). Then he tackles me. He needs to learn that the one with the ball does not tackle. This shows his markings. He licks likes our grandson quite a lot. When we ran this AM...He tripped me. I stepped on his leg with all my weight and he thought we were playing "tackle" again.

SteveP

"Ace" won our hearts. It seems he was named after Bruce Wayne's dog who joing the dynamic duo in the mid 50's.
      Seriously?!?!?! I don't remember Ace, but I wasn't around until the 60s, so maybe he was gone from Gotham by then? (Reminds me that I was TOTALLY obsessed with Batman through about 1st and 2nd grade. Played Batman in the yard all the time, making my friend be Batman so that I could be Robin. Pretty weird, since we were girls, but then again, I never was exactly girly.) And your Ace is waaaaaaay cooler than the one in the first pic you posted! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

SteveP

Seriously?!?!?! I don't remember Ace, but I wasn't around until the 60s, so maybe he was gone from Gotham by then? (Reminds me that I was TOTALLY obsessed with Batman through about 1st and 2nd grade. Played Batman in the yard all the time, making my friend be Batman so that I could be Robin. Pretty weird, since we were girls, but then again, I never was exactly girly.) And your Ace is waaaaaaay cooler than the one in the first pic you posted! Eliz
        Would I ever make anything up? Ever? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_the_Bathound http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Batman092.jpg While going through Mom's stuff, we found a picture of me taken when I was 7. I still had my first cape on and it only went down to the middle of my back. I had the thing for ages and it had been repaired several times. Thanks Mom.

SteveP

Nice Pooch! And I'm glad he licks your grandson. That is as it should be! Big grin
          "I think I can, I think I can..."
          evanflein

I like how your DW decided you needed the dog. That's a good woman you've got there, SteveP. I'd keep her around for a looooong time. Wink
              Congratulations on your new dog Steve! Named after Bruce Wayne's dog? Some things are meant to be!

#artbydmcbride

Ribs got a dog, and now Batman has a dog! Big grin Too cool, SteveP. Better train him to run with you without tackling.

Runners run

The Jogger

Steve, that dog is so cute, you and your family will have many years of fun with him, I bet he is into running!!!! Roy
                    Would I ever make anything up? Ever? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_the_Bathound http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Batman092.jpg While going through Mom's stuff, we found a picture of me taken when I was 7. I still had my first cape on and it only went down to the middle of my back. I had the thing for ages and it had been repaired several times. Thanks Mom.
                    Documentation....I'm impressed! Good looking dog, Steve. Speaking of new members of the family, how about an update on the grandbaby?
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      Steve, What a beauty...I miss my golden..but working all day, by myself and girls only every second week, means no dog, it would just not be fair to the dog..so I am jealous of anyone that can have a dog. Congrats. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Runner

Great looking hound, Steve. And, I hadn't thought about Ace the Caped Canine for a LONG time.
                        Romans 10:15 - How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!
                          http://barefootrunner.org
                          Whippets are a LOT like greyhounds, just sort of smaller and more compact. Frank is delighted and sends his special greetings. (By the way, if you read the Thursday daily I started, you know the household is under some stress here, and may I say that Frank is just being a Dogstar. When the chips are down, he responds. I've had to leave him alone for longer than normal, and the schedule is disrupted, and he is working with me so well, he just deserves a special mention.) Caveat: if Ace is like greyhounds, he's not a distance guy but a sprinter. DO let us know! Congrats on a greyt addition to the family. grins, A
                          Masters 2000 miles
                            ......very cool steve//.......glad to hear The ""Gmime the Ball'' Game continues...... ....and don't forget Pickles' Game of ''You have to drop the First Ball to get the Second Ball''... ...always a crowd pleaser..... looks like a Running Buddy to me.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Congratulations! I love your wife . . . she knows what you need. Ace is very handsome and I'm sure he'll be a great running buddy. ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - cute dog!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."