Masters Running

Tuesday, Feb. 10, Runs, songs and stories (Read 566 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

My column for this week is going to be about the Krispy Kreme Challenge--the 4 miler you try and do in under an hour, held in Raleigh. You have to stop at the turn-around and eat a dozen donuts, and keep 'em all on board at least until you finish.
    You serious Amy, a dozen donuts? I thought that sounded easy....till I really thought about it. My belly would be as big as...never mind, will get myself in trouble. Larry, too funny...thanks. The only doings I have had with birds latley, is last night with goose poop on the trail I ran on. The silly things stay here alllll winter long because people keep feeding them...then the poop....sorry, lol. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

I thought the alaska state bird was the mosquito.
      Well, unofficially yes. They're ridiculous. But according to all the tourista information, it's the Peter-magin (which is how I've had tourists ask about them...). 4.53 miles easy peasy on the treadmill tonight. Just an easy run with a quarter mile each for warm up and cool down.