Masters Running

Halloween Candy (Read 273 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Remember the days of going through our kids Halloween Candy - picking out the stuff WE like? I mean after all, we took them all around the neighborhoods, door to door .... we deserved a treat too. What did you keep for yourself?

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Top 'O the World!

Chocolate! Reeses Wink
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Ewww - Mary! TMI on the candy corn! SNICKERS!! Those were the first things to leave my kid's trick or treat bags. Love those things.

Hill Runner

....And where it goes Big grin

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Marathon Maniac #957

At our house, we just put the candy in a big bowl in the kitchen cupboard and everyone shares it.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

"Remember the days of going through our kids Halloween Candy - picking out the stuff WE like?"
              What do you mean "remember"? Are you implying that I'm getting senile and wouldn't remember last Halloween? Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Teresadfp

One day at a time

We still have trick-or-treaters in our house, so this is a current situation! I love any of the Hershey's bars the best. Reese's are 2nd. I'm lucky - DD10 doesn't like chocolate much, so she shares liberally with me.
                stumpy77

Trails are hard!

One year we had a huge number of T or Ters and ran out of candy while they were still coming. as our kids had already done the neighborhood and had huge sacks, we quickly said "OK, pick out what you don't like and toss them in the candy bowl". we managed to survive the night. Wink now that the kids are too old to go out, I make sure the DW gets good stuff like 100 Grand and then I test them to see if they're as good as last year.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

DD10 doesn't like chocolate much...
                    Lucky for you, but what's wrong with HER? I'd have that checked out... Wink I used to go through their bags and declare a mommy tax. Hard to do that now... if they go at all (DS2 still likes to, but at 14 he really shouldn't...), they hide their stash from me.
                      "I make sure the DW gets good stuff like 100 Grand..."
                      Great. Now that 100 Grand bar in my desk drawer is calling to me ... I think I'll answer it. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

No T-Ters in our house, but I do love Snickers! Especially from the frig or freezer. Big grin

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Well, I think that Candy Corn is the worst! I rank that right up there with those marshmellow chicks at Easter time. I always go for the Kit Kats and Peanut M&M's. We always had to save the Butterfingers for my mom (grandma).

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Top 'O the World!

maybe I shoulda put the Halloween cartoon over here..... Confused
                            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                              HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

The Jogger

Mary! Where did you get that picture of my DW Smile Smile Smile Roy