Masters Running

RR (finally) Eliz's Broad Street Adventure (Read 274 times)

huskydon

Eliz, Congratulations on a great race, and a wonderful race report. I was fascinated by all you wrote, it was so interesting. Wear the medal with pride! You are a runner!!
    wildchild

Carolyn

Cool RR! I know all those places you're writing about, as I went to school in Philly. That's a huge crowd to be running with, but it sounds like you had a blast. I know what you mean about the folks on this forum being an inspiration, and believe it or not, you're an inspiration too! Smile

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Great race and report, eliz. It sounds like you had a fantastic race in a location that was memorable and meaningful to you. Wear your medal with pride. TomS
          Way to go Eliz, I think the 10 mile distance is one of my favorites. Thanks for a great report and enjoy the medal . Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Great race - and great report. I've always liked this one - Feels like its a straight downhill shot the whole way. Maybe I'll see you at the Distance run next year - that is another well run race that I think you'll enjoy. And you played the Kimmel!... Wow, you must be a real musician (I'm a very amateur one). Ray
              I am wide awake Eliz and this report is just wonderful. You ARE a runner and a Racer! I was so excied about reading this and you didn't disappoint. Good work and I can't wait for the next chapter. Congratulations!
              coastwalker

Hi Eliz, What an inspired and inspiring RR! Congrats on a race well run, and on earning your first (of many, no doubt) race medals. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

TammyinGP

YAY Elizabeth!! Great job on your 10mile race!! Whoo hoo RunnerEliz!!

Tammy

dg.

Yay!!! I remember how you felt when you first signed up for this! Determined, but with a little of that, well, that 'what have I done!?' kind of feeling (that some of us know so well!) You trained hard & you did it! Carried that determination through to the rainy finish. Big grin. And enjoyed it! I'm really happy for you.

Marathon Maniac #957

I felt like I was in the right place. I’m a runner. I’m slow. I’m old. I’m way too heavy. But I’m a runner. ☺
                      Yay! Yes you are! (I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has a shoelace OCD, btw...) Great Racing!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Eliz, the musician and also runner: BRAVO!!!!! Big grin Good for you. You can be proud. I am also a musician, and music teacher, and have just started, and really, really, know about the back of the pack. I think there is a relationship between running and racing, and practicing and performing. It lies in the matter of dedication, and we (musicians) do know how to focus, and how to stick with a very large project. Congratulations. Woods Lady
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Eliz, congratulations from another newbie!! That is so awesome. Did you get your photo taken wearing your medal? I like Woods Lady's analogy to music - I'd never thought of that! She's right - I used to practice piano 5 hours a day, so I should be able to run a couple of hours with no problem! I will think of that on my next long run. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you get your car fixed quickly, too.

Top 'O the World!

Eliz, Everyone has already expressed such wonderful words of praise.... Smile I just want to add my own "Congratulations on a race & report - both very well done" ......could you edit out that word "annoyingly..." It was NOT! it was beautiful Wink
                            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                            SteveP

Eliz, every part of this RR is fantastic!!! My favorite runners are those who run with their heart. Sweet

SteveP