Masters Running

Sunday, 8.30.15 (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Today it was in the upper 30's when we got up

Yikes!

I still feel kind of carpy, but definitely getting better.

No energy at all this morning, so my LR was pretty short - 10.1 miles.  Waving at the pace bunny as she disappears into the distance....

At 11:45, DH and I golfed 9 holes with a couple friends, enjoying the lovely late-summer weather, but we rode in a cart, so that wasn't too taxing.

In the late afternoon, for the first time in 18 years of marriage, I mowed the front and back lawn for DH because his allergies are so bad right now that his eyes are red and weeping.  The steep hill and bumpy lawn definitely make it a challenge.  DH did the dishes and laundry to make it up to me.

So, I'm pretty pooped right now.  Anyone heard about Deez and her race?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yeah...I go on a long rant about stupid stuff while a family is dealing with losing their little girl...that ain't right.

Jay--I know you're right--and I'm going to work on it.

I don't want to give up coffee because I love it so much.  But I have found that, if I don't drink it throughout the day, I'll have a headache the following day.  Obviously, I'm addicted to caffeine...and I don't like that.

I think it's cool that Starr went up to Fairbanks to visit you, Erika.  Yeah...it's 3180 miles from Worthington, MN to Fairbanks, AK...and it's 195 miles from Worthington to Lino Lakes...and she's never visited me.  Of course, I've never enticed her with a grill-roasted chicken with a yummy blueberry sauce topping...

tet--if you keep all this training up, you might, actually, get in shape...now, why would you go and do that?

...I think mike needs to work on the ''Celebrate'' part of Hunting Wabbits.....

So--to celebrate catching that wabbit, I went to REI and bought a new Garmin.  I just got the Forerunner 15.  I never used any of the fancy stuff on the 610 I had, so why pay the money.  It was only $104.00.

Oh...in other news...I called Eric to make sure he watches his mail because he is supposed to be getting some information on the next steps involved with dealing with his latest arrest...a pre-charge diversion program, that allows him to stay out of jail as long as he follows the instructions.  So, Debbie went over there, yesterday, and he gave her a letter concerning a court date.  They both assumed that was what we were waiting for.  As I began reading it, though, I realized that it was an Arraignment Notice...from a different county.  He has ANOTHER offense to deal with that I knew nothing about.  It seems he was in a park after hours, received a ticket...and forgot about it.  I don't know about that kid.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mike E

MM #5615

Anyone heard about Deez and her race?

Hi Holly!  I meant to ask that, too.

C-R

Lots to catch up this weekend.

Mike - new job. Appreciation goes two ways.

Tet- sad story about that child.

Holly - feeling bad and still getting double digit miles. Nice

Give up coffee - perish the thought but good luck to those that do.

Lots of miles and soccer games officiated and played this weekend with me and my boys. I managed to get another sunburn although I applied sun screen three times. Guess I'm not doing it properly. Fun to watch the boys call games and gain confidence. Oh and DW DD now has a "boyfriend". Ugh. Not sure how to handle that. Suppose I will muddle through.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Wifi in the campground has been lousy but I want to just post and let you know how my tri went today! It was an absolutely beautiful day filled with family and friends!  Swim was great and even tho the water was choppy I swam faster than at Patriot. The bike was gorgeous rolling hills - I went forward and back with another woman in my age group most of the way. Finished strong, started the run then the wheels fell off!! Not sure what happened - felt like I fueled properly but I cramped up a little and my feet were burning! Just kept pushing forward and gave thanks for all the blessings in my life and for the gift of health! One of my good friends caught up to me in the last mile and we finished together smiling!! It really was a great day despite my crappy run!

denise

SteveP

MikeE, as some one who left a nut job employer a few months ago, I would recommend getting out.

Econo, at one time, I gave up caffeine for a year. I'll not be doing that again.

That poor kid, Tet.

I've heard BE is pretty awesome.

Tag and I explored a few new miles. Apparently "Oh $h!t" is an effective way to spook an eagle. Who knew?

I know...there have been better pictures.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh and DW now has a "boyfriend". Ugh. Not sure how to handle that. Suppose I will muddle through.

Norm - did you and your DW break up recently?  If so, sorry to hear about that.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Just kept pushing forward and gave thanks for all the blessings in my life and for the gift of health! One of my good friends caught up to me in the last mile and we finished together smiling!! It really was a great day despite my crappy run!

Yay!  You are amazing, Denise - well done!

SteveP

Norm, sorry I missed that. 

SteveP

C-R

Yikes. Typo.

DD has a boyfriend.

All is well otherwise.

See what a daughter dating can do to a poor dad. I am not ready for this.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

SteveP

SteveP

Sayhey! MM#130

So how come we can't post a new topic?  Or I can't, at least.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)