Masters Running

Saturday - 03/15 (Read 38 times)

. . .  and let me tell you, seeing the pace bicycle pacing your son in the lead is a wonderful feeling I'll carry with me forever. . . . . . I told him he should be proud because those little kids look up to older kids.

SO worth quoting and bolding.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Go David Go! That's awesome and what a great feeling for proud mama Tammy too. Even I am grinning!

Nice running Ribs and feeling good makes it perfect, no matter the placement.

Great racing Paul!

Yuck on the bonking fatozzig, but hurray on the big job

The kiddo and I ran 8.7 miles this afternoon--chatting away and enjoying the sun, wait---rain! oh wait, sun is out again, is that a snowflake? All four seasons in the duration of our run, but mostly nice and milder temps. before we plunge down to zero degrees again for the next few days. One of my colleagues says that around here "Winter wrestles with Summer until Summer wins and we bypass Spring"  Seems like it this year!

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow in NB Denise! We have 12 from our women's team and 10 from our men's team running. roar...or howl rather since our team mascot is a wolf.

Way to go Tet!

NHLA

4 miles 31 min. Oskar Blue's 4 miler.  Great weather. Great food. A free beer. Big crowd. Lots of friends there.

Way to go David.

Mike E

MM #5615

thanks for all the feedback on David. the 5K and 10K all started out the same so I got to see him on the turnaround and let me tell you, seeing the pace bicycle pacing your son in the lead is a wonderful feeling I'll carry with me forever. As he ran by, I said "way to go son! good job!" and the woman next to me said "that was your son?!!" "I got goosebumps just seeing him running with the pacer - he looks so awesome!"   and then at the awards gathering, a mom with her 6 yr old son who ran the kids dash, said "would you mind if I took your picture with my son" . . . LOL!  David looked embarrassed by the attention. I told him he should be proud because those little kids look up to older kids.

That is about the coolest thing I've ever read.

wildchild

Carolyn

Congrats to David!  1st place - wow!  If he wants to put his winnings into savings, Tammy, maybe you could give him the money and use the Visa card for groceries or for yourself!

Deez, hard to believe Maria is a year old already!  How is Justin?

Kevin, sorry about the hammy.  Hope it's not serious.  Those things seem to take forever to heal - just ask Twocat!

And speaking of Twocat - remember how he said everyone should avoid any race I think sounds like fun?  Well, I picked a doozy today!  The weather has been great here, up till today - but today it started out gusty and ended up howling.  Sand was blowing everywhere.  I got so much sand in my shoes that I had to stop and dump them out every 5 miles or so, and they just filled right back up again. Felt like my shoes were a size too small because the sand packed in at the toes.  I ended up taping 3 toes at the aid station at mile 20 because I was getting blisters.

The scenery was amazing, but I couldn't see much of it because I mostly had my head down to keep blowing sand out of my face behind my hat visor.   Anyway, the 50k was a little long, about 33 miles, and I finished in 8:17.  I somehow took 3rd place female!  There were 31 people registered, and 12 were women, but I don't know how many actually started and finished. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Nice job wild.  You are one tough cookie.  (Are cookies tough?)  Anyway, congratulations on another ultra finish...and a 3rd place to boot.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Championship races by the gang again this weekend.

including another epic wildchild, . . and an AG too.

Not quite the weather expected though after yesterday's scenic photo.

I heard there's races across the Sahara and Mobi Deserts too.

That is about the coolest thing I've ever read.

me too mikeE, . . . right up there with someone winning a marathon.

Maybe david will do it someday too.

tammy.  Too bad the race is not during the season when it sounds like you'll be up here in Seattle with David but  in case anyone is interested in a virtual entry in the Seahawks 5K/12K on April 12, I know someone who could pick up his shirt (as I already am for my Seahawk fan DD).  www.seahawks12Krun.com

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Great racing David and Wildchild!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Yikes Stumpy

Happy Birthday Maria

Way to go DAVID!!

(((((Dave59)))))

Ovaltine!!!

Wow Wildchild!! Wow

Had a friendly little 5k with about 700 of my closest friends. The days leading up to the event, DW and I referred to it by name. The "Leaping Leprechaun". Tag gets all wound up when he hears: race, 5K, event, competition, and a few others. He was pretty good until I hit the shower. That's when he pushed the bedroom door open and made sure DW was getting up. She had other plans. He was great at the pre race line-up until the RD started talking. I took him around part of the block and asked one of the volunteers to wave when the race started. This was the first time I lost a tie during a run. The after race party had a live band inside the warming tent. The tables out side had dog treats on them. Tag made lots of friends.

SteveP