Masters Running

Wednesday August 20 Boomer/Master Runs (Read 379 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

not exactly a run today--i had an echo cardiogram stress test this morning. not any particular reason-cardio doc just wanted an update since I hadn't had one in several years and have a family history of heart disease. i made it 12 minutes with the last 3 at 4.7 MPH and 16% grade. my legs gave out before my heart rate. The hills got me again. i just barely made my HR to 145 at the end. on the first segment it went up from a 45 RHR to around 70, but then dropped down to 65 before the end of that segment. i don't use a HRM when I run so i don't know how high i get up. I'm suspecting that I don't get very high and this may be part of the reason I feel like I'm advancing so slowly. (that, and not nearly enough time on the road Wink ) i particularly get that idea when I look at Mainerunnah's post and see that he did over an hour with an 142 AHR Shocked Sarge-I'll add my best wishes to you and the rest of your family on the loss of your FIL. Being expected and the right time doesn't make the loss any easier to take. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

7.7 miles up the Equinox course main hill... the main uphill and part of the out-and-back course... took me what felt like forever to get up the main hill... but I was 2 minutes better than last year's average time so that's cool. I haven't been running hills much because of how our race schedule was re-done, so many of the races were moved to August, causing me to put off some of my hill work to focus on speedwork. Whatever, it seems to be ok. I'll do this route or variations of it for the next couple of weeks. Hey Kevin, good test... was your doc happy with your results?
      SteveP

(((((Sarge))))), You've been in my thoughts and prayers. Holly, the drive time thing is understandable. On road trips, we can only enjoy as much as our @$$ can endure. Well done Denise!!!! Rest Day today

SteveP