Masters Running

Friday, 9.5.14 (Read 34 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

have a great trip mariposai and maybe barefoot beach run, if possible.

So I'm an eejit....it's just that there are so many merry pranksters out there and I would just feel like a huge fool if November came and went with no BAA email and me with no entry because I didn't check.......my friends and family have told me all my llife I'm so much fun to tease because I am so gullible, so there you are.  Anyone with a verdict form as to my pennance??

goofily yers,

A.

Dear goofy - there would be a lot fewer victims of fraud if we, . .

I mean they, all had your good, common sense. 
    thanks for the reminder.
    . . . 1. representation of an existing “fact” - yes (Boston entry based on BQ),
    . . . 2. materiality of “fact” - yes (entry essential to participation),
     . . .3. falsity of “fact” - pending (double-checked / check back in April),
     . . .4. perpetrator's knowledge of falsity of “fact” - pending (check back in April),
     . . .5. perpetrator’s intent to cause victim to act - yes,
     . . .6. victim’s ignorance of falsity of “fact” - yes,
     . . .7. victim's reliance on the “truth” of the “fact” - yes,
     . . .8. reasonableness of victim’s belief that “fact” is true - yes (baa.org address),
     . . .9. damage to victim - pending (check back in April)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mmmm . . . Pie . . .

Aamos - I would have followed up with a phone call, too.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Aamos - I would have, too.

Dave - that sounds good!

Okay, I took a cue from Leslie and got my hair cut this afternoon..."Just take 3-4 inches, I said nonchalantly."......and now my hair is shorter than I remember it being since, well, I don't know when...19 years, maybe?.....oh well, it's still not actually SHORT or anything.....at least now I know that the tips of my ponytail will not be whipping my elbows annoyingly during Sunday's marathon....

DH and I are heading out soon to a local comedy club, and we are taking two women who are in the states temporarily from Africa on some sort of work-study-internship program.  One of the women, from the Gold Coast, is working with my husband on a big county project to learn water and sewer and sanitation stuff.  I don't know the details of the program, but we thought it would be nice to take them out for a fun evening.  Hopefully their English will be good enough to understand the jokes...If not, the food is good.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Sorry, just popping by to report my run:  20 miles with the wheels coming off and flying down the hill at mile 17 or so.  Mariposai was good enough to hang out with me on the headset phone to help keep me distracted with stories.  The other thing I wanted to do was pimp the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club's blog:  http://rosieruizfanclub.blogspot.com/.  I have started posting to it and everybody on the team can as well.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Holly, I didn't realize your hair was THAT long.

My brain doesn't handle convoluted legalese type remarks, especially Tet ones!  Tetsujin - Run for the Fishes??  I signed up.

Just popping in to say I ran into Divechief both yesterday (on the streetcar) and today (during my date with Mr. C.!!) at the inner city Lake, where Dive was taking his folding kayak out of the water.  Dive's temporary condo is right beside my workplace, hence all the run-ins

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

BTY

What Tet said. Um what did he say?   Smile

4.7 miles in the beautiful warm summer sun. Tomorrow is a rest day and I'll be volunteering at the finish line at the HS xc invitational. Sunday I'm running in a race but I won't decide on 5k or 10k until the last minute.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Huh doublecat, I thought it had to be over 26.2 miles
                to qualify for a posie running call.
                Huh BTY, did I say something?
                I thought I was just posting,
                Sorry holly for you missing your automatic pony tail cadence metronome, . . .
                and for all the guys running behind you too. 
                Enke - maybe try to talk dive into the 10/5 Runs-with-the-Fishes as he often swims with them.
                I’ll probably be DOR if it works out but I like the return of race day to the Salmon Days weekend with Snoqualmie Tribe BBQ’s, etc.  Maybe the the UW 10K DAwg Dash on 10/19? Dogs <<<(remi/remi)>>> welcomed with their own water stops along the way.

ps Starr - have fun in SD.

No particular reason but try to beat 2hr/35min

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Went back during my lunch hour to get my hair "bombed" with nutrients.  It helped some, but she ended up having to trim more off.  I now officially have the shortest hair cut I have ever had. It's shorter than the haircuts of most men I am around.  And since the hair is still damaged and now ultra short, there's not a whole heck of a lot I can do with it.  Keep applying the product she gave me and using special (read: Expensive) shampoo and conditioner for the next few weeks and hopefully things will improve.  In the meantime, wearing a hat to work for the next two weeks is starting to look like a good idea.   Eye, yi, yi . . .

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

ps Starr - have fun in SD.

No particular reason but try to beat 2hr/35min

Thanks, Tet, I definitely will try to do better than 2:39 - my first half -- also in SD at Crazy Horse.

Jlynne - have a Greta time in the mudder on Sunday, hope you reach that goal!
                    Amy-I love to read your posts, they are so fun! I hope to run a race with you someday, maybe next August?
                    Blazin - those girls look spiffy in their uniforms. Do they like the truck? Our Dd had to drive a minivan and hated it.
                    Holly - I hope you like the AT&T service. We just have 1 DVR but I have a smart TV up in my sewing room, but no comfy chair, for Netflix and HuluPlus. What does work great is ROKU device I bought for the living roomTV. That $35 was well spent.

It has turned delightfully fall-like overnight here in MN. The weather sounds perfect for Sunday's race, 58 at the start and 67 at the finish.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich