Masters Running

Bayshore Shore was Great! (Read 283 times)

Thank you everyone for all your kind words. I finally made it home and need to catch up. I need to know when I get my legs back Shocked I am still doing the Marathon Shuffle Tongue Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

mustang sally

Bad faerie

OMG, Steve. That's the gym where I learned to pole vault! And wiped out in basketball and learned the pain of floor burns! And played "Another one bites the dust" during basketball games! That race goes right past my old house, and, Larry: you ran the course so very, very, very well. I truly enjoyed your report. (awash in nostalgia) Mustang Sally TCHS '84

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Awesome job Larry!! You ran this first marathon of your's very strong and smart. How lucky for you to have ideal race weather too. I hope that we get to meet at a Michigan event some time. Congratulations on beating all of your goals . . . when is the next one?? ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Larry... CONGRATULATIONS Marathoner! You've gotta be feeling great after such a perfectly executed marathon .... starting slow and cranking it up gently. You blew away all your goals for your first marathon! What an excellent time! Savor this moment.... There is only ONE first marathon! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Very Cool and exceptional well executed--both race and report! Larry, I do so many of the same things you did! Counting down after the half way mark, telling myself not to walk or I won't want to start running (sometimes toward the end, this takes the form of--OK, 3 miles left, I can walk in half an hour, or something like that), and the math getting fuzzy (on a clear day, when not running, I'm lucky to do math correctly). I was thinking of you yesterday at O'Hare--I was waiting for the plane that would go onto Rapid and it was coming in from Traverse City! I had fun scanning the departing folks to see if I could spot any runners. Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment! Again, if you want to think about fall ones, let me know! grins, A
            Masters 2000 miles

I love to run!

Very nice job Larry! Way to go and get that goal. You are a MARATHONER!!! Cool
              One More Mile

Marathon Maniac #957

Larry - excellent, excellent running on your FIRST MARATHON!!! You are definitely NO pansy... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

It is wonderful to read about somebody that had such a great time in their first marathon. Well done and I ma glad to see all of your training finally got you to the start line and ready to go to the end.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Larry, Awesome report. Great time for your first marathon in a long time, you should be so proud. Way to go. Thanks for sharing. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Great race and super report. Thanks for taking the time to share your story. When you talked about tearing up as you got to the track, it gave me yet another race-report cry - on of the very best kinds. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Awesome, and insprirational. One of my sort-of-goals is to run a marathon when I turn 50 - you make me think that may just be possible.
                        "I think I can, I think I can..."