Masters Running

Weightloss Post Holiday Challenge - Week 1 (Read 295 times)

i'm down 2lbs from last week......... but still very far from my goal and still up 2lbs from the start of the holiday challenge --- surgery tomorrow so will be time to be extra careful about what i eat

denise

I think I'm the same as I was at the beginning of the holiday challenge. Don't remember that far back. Confused Nine years of teaching middle school takes a terrible toll on one's short-term memory. BL challenge at school started this week, and I'm down two pounds since Monday. Big grin Fairly easy, so far, since I'm too busy to eat anything except what I carefully plan during the day. The weekend will be my first challenge. I'm committed to losing 22 pounds by the end of the contest on tax day! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Prince of Fatness

OK. You girls and your hormones aren't scaring me away. I'm in. End goal is 165ish by spring. 1/16 - 171.5 lbs. That's 1 pound down from last week. Steady as she goes. Thanks for keeping this going Holly .... great motivation.

Not at it at all. 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Okay, I weighed in again today and was at the same 137 as Monday - so that is the number I am going with for this week. Good luck everyone!! Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

umwb

Ok since I'm probably the heaviest runner in the group,...... I plan on losing 20 lbs in 5 weeks. I am currently at 255 lbs Shocked Shocked What day of the week do we weigh in? Photobucket
            When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !
            TammyinGP

wow - that's sort of disturbing Oogly (the dancing man that is . . . not your weight . . . ) Weigh in is Thursday mornings - gives us a few days to lose the 'water weight' one tends to accumulate on the weekends Wink

Tammy

Back up a pound. I tried to go "cold turkey" off my hormone replacement meds, but the hot flashes took me out. I was up at least 2 or 3 times during the night changing out of soaking wet clothes (I know - TMI). Exercising more (0ver 30 miles this week), eating the same, feeling really depressed.Sad Menopause sucks!
                Dutchie42

OK, I'll admit this is the first time I'm really bothering with the weight thing and calories and food and such. So this is probably a stupid question: The online program I use says I should have 1255-1770 calories a day to loose weight. I entered into the program that I exercise at least 5 days a week. Do I have to subtract the calories I burned while running, so I would have to eat say 1500 cals plus calories burned or not? Cause today I had 1755 calories (give or take a few since maybe sometimes I'm underestimating what I eat) and burned 887 cals during my 10 miler. Would that mean I didn't have enough to eat? I'm kind a hungry right now and it's an hour before I go to bed. Anyone know?

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Renee the dog

Dutchie, I would think 1775 would be too few calories on a day with a 10 miler! I think a lot of those programs don't realize the kind of calorie burning we're doing while we "exercise." My 2 cents!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Dutchie - I'm thinking you might not have taken in enough calories to compensate for what you burned. If you're hungry, try half an apple or small LF or FF container of yogurt or a piece of toast with a little bit of peanut butter or drink a glass of milk. Otherwise, you'll end up waking up starving and might have a tendency to overeat first thing in the morning. Too bad we aren't weighing in today. The result of not feeling well over the past week or so have been wonderful for weight loss!! Big grin And you men who are hanging in there while us women talk about being hormonally challenged - you are strong and deserve a reward! Cool

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Went to bed without eating anything. Wasn't hungry when I woke up this morning. But I'll eat more on my long run days in the future. Didn't weigh this morning, but measured my waist. It shrank 3.5 centimeters (1.4 inches) since I started food journalling. Guess I'm doing something right.

Dutchie
                        Run the day, or the day runs you.