Masters Running

Friday, 6.26.15 (Read 35 times)

evanflein

Love the photo, hope there are many more soon!

Lamerunner, I'm so glad you're ok! Getting an infection from a deep cut like that can be so scary. Take it easy getting back into the running and stuff. Good thing DS is learning first aid....

Dense smoke advisory today, and frequently I ignore and go by my own judgment (like yesterday, and it was really a nice run!), but today it was obviously a serious advisory. So.... got off work a little early and headed home to the treadmill. Poor thing acted like it was waking up from hibernation. 2 mile warm up, then 6 x .5 mile @ 7:54 (7.6 mph), with .2 mile @ 8:34 (7 mph) recovery, then a mile cool down (plus five minutes of walking before and after). Good run, but holy carp, it was like I'd run in the rain I was so soaked afterwards!

Mariposai

Like Erika, I am looking forward to some great pictures and reports from Michigan this weekend.

Speaking of Erika, I so admire you for going to the TM to do your run. I do a lot of running on the TM during the winter months and my brain and butterfly wings just refuse to do any running on the TM.

Wishing lots of fun to the RA family Michigan marathon this weekend~

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard