Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 11.7.14 (Read 30 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

LocatLocated in sunny Southwest Florida, the Ft. Myers Marathon is a perfect place to travel to and run a race. ed in sunny Southwest FloLocated in sunny Southwest Florida, the Ft. Myers Marathon is a perfect place to travel to and run a race. riFrom thda, the Ft. Myers MarFrom athon is a perfect place to travel to and run a race. ​

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

Well, I tried to post something from the race website.......at least you can see, it's right here in Ft. Myers, and you can still register!

Argh, must get back to work.  Have fun at UofD Holly!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Dave59

Sure sounds like Ft. Myers is a nice place to visit and run.

Glad your luggage made it twocat. Always a frustrating experience when it disappears.

I am not very good at grammar. There was a brief trend towards creativity when I was going to school and we were told not to worry about grammar or spelling.  I've read a couple grammar books and tried to improve myself but it would have been much better to have learned things in school. My older daughter has a masters degree in English composition or some such thing so I used to go to her for help.

Home improvements are going to continue into Monday, but the carpet is all installed upstairs and I can hear the vacuum running so soon I can start moving things back to where they belong.  The wood floors downstairs are done, but there are some finishing things left to do and some edge pieces still needed. And lastly, the family room will get new carpet Monday also.

Washer and dryer got hooked back up after two almost 2 weeks of being unavailable. I have load #5 in the washer.

My town has one of their larger events tomorrow. It includes a half, 10k and 5k.  I held off on signing up in advance but held open the idea of on-site, last  minute registration. Supposed to be 38 and rain tomorrow at race time, so I don't think I will make it.

Well, off to move furniture. Wish my back well.

Tramps

Some fun posts today.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend.

I've had a two-day training that made it all but impossible to run.  It's probably a good thing, though.  I've had this nagging hip flexor injury for about 10 days that I can't seem to shake.  Minor in ordinary daily terms but I'm a little concerned how it'll behave late in a marathon.  A couple days of rest may help.

On the bright side, I peeked at next week's forecast for Saturday and it's looking downright cold!  

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Sure sounds like Ft. Myers is a nice place to visit and run.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

If all goes well the following link will let you track me in tomorrow's race.  Mariposai will repost this in the Saturday daily.

Tracking link for the Savannah marathon! Start time is 7am.

Please view my location at http://www.greenalp.com/<wbr>RealtimeTracker/index.php?<wbr>viewuser=matthewspiegel&<wbr>guestpassword=NYCM2014

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

No I am not a future MM! I do not care how close a Saturday and Sunday marathon are to each other!

My awnrimwnra wzcxrly,  whoops, sorry for the inadvertent left nuke.

My sentiments exactly, . . from November 2003 - November 2005, . . .

when I started watching divechief try to resist for the next year-and-a-half himself.

Luggage arrived! 

once I landed in Tokyo only to learn my luggage was in New York City.

Glad it wasn't a two-cat one-day international dateline trip

Didn't see them for four more days.

":Spareribs" gives the impression of some skinny guy running

Didn't you like Sparebones?  Me neither compared to Spareparts.'

I bet your readers would like it too.

We do.

RUN DAVE RUN - i dare you.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Before my run, I helped pack my DW off for a four-day trip to Asheville, NC where she'll meet up with a couple of old girlfriends to spend the weekend touring the Biltmore and other local activities. For some reason she seemed concerned that I wouldn't be able to find things to do while she's gone. Au contraire! It's a bit of a vacation for both of us (now which of my favorite action movies will i watch tonight with the volume turned way up?). 

This is so exactly what DH does when I'm away.  With pizza.  The reason we get concerned is b/c of how y'all stand in front of the fridge asking: "Honey, where's the _________?"   and the sought-after item is usually fairly observable, albeit one might have to move another item or two to remove it.

Seats up, bacon and every Godzilla movie I can find! SEATS UP!

I'm becoming concerned, Enke. It's also been a while since you've posted a picture of a bloody injury. Are you alright?

SteveP