Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 12.21.13 (Read 34 times)

Spareribs add my congratulations to your son for his speech!  It sounds like he is a master at the podium!

This was my first post-marathon run and my first since last spring with the local Joggers Club.  I ended up doing just shy of 8 miles. Nothing hurt so I guess all is well with my world!  Now I just have to keep the food intake down over the next week.  Tomorrow is a Sunday brunch buffet for my SIL's birthday.  Then Tuesday is dinner out for Christmas Eve because my MIL wants us all to go somewhere near where she lives.  Then Wednesday is whatever I cook.  Actually, I know what whatever is!  Pumpkin and sausage soup to start, Then for main dish pork crown roast with a red cabbage filling.  Sides of collard greens, farro with braised greens, roast root vegetables with pasta.  Dessert looks to be a pie from a local shop my DW really likes and is in fact quite good!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

There’s sure been a lot of posts-of-the-year around here lately.
      Thanks and congratulations to all.
      Twocat - glad you’re back to normal, with regard to running that is.  Maybe you can come back out to the PNW sometime again and run this time.  We have so many 26.2 milers you would love.
      Enki - be careful on Cougar Mountain
      <<<(bigfoot/bigfoot)>>>
      They say don't go on Cougar Mountain
      If you're looking for a guy.
      'Cause bigfoots live way on up there.
      They’re mighty lonely and not so shy.

Her tender lips are sweeter than honey
      But Cougar Mountain protects her there.
      The bears and the birds tell goddess enke,
      We’ll protect you if you wander there
      All her dreams are on Cougar Mountain.
      She'll be running to her extremes.
      She'll take her chances and climb that mountain
      'cause she's doin’for her dreams.
      She's gonna climb up on that mountain.
      She doesn't care about the bigfoots.
      She's gonna take the trail she loves.
      She's gonna climb up on that mountain.
      And she'll get the one she loves.
      (thanks and a tip o’ the hat to Claude King)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

I will not climb the mountains,

but I did run

13 smile miles today...

3 with the Easy Pacer....some long smiles miles with my RP!, which was my Xtmas surprise.

Then a great Rotary Christmas party, where I reserved  the right to be naughty with my caloric intake...

Ohhh and The pirate keeps being my inspiration!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard