Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 4.20.14 (Read 44 times)

C-R

Awesome Mike!!!!!!

6.3 today. Still trying to work on recovery. Had a great time with family today. Church, golf, running, dinner, riding scooters. Felt like a kid and liked it.

All the best to the Boston racers. You guys rock.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

wildchild

Carolyn

Mike, what a great picture of your grandkids!  I hope you all had a very happy Easter.

Welcome home, Jay!  And have a good vacation, tw!

Tramps, glad you're back to running!

Opie, I have lead legs today, too, so I just took the fuzzy buddies for a walk.

I hope all the Boston runners have fun and run strong!  Hoping to see some pics from Robin's partay!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The problem with some of those monster runs Carolyn does is that so much of that course is not easily runnable. A lot of the pictures look like a good hike. .

there used to be a great springtime hike up there by the UA that'd go up to the ski jump and the along Ester Dome.  Then, in 1963, the ski team thought it'd make good pre-season training to make it a 26.2 mile run each fall.  Now it's an ultra too.  I hope wildchild and others in addition to Holly a couple of years ago can do it one of these days too.

Happy vacation Tom.  I know some therapeutic hot springs in case you ever want to go the other direction across the  Pacific Ocean some time.

Happy Boston runners. NPR had a nice story about one of last year's nurses who's running this year.  They couldn't figure out how she had time to train with three 12-hour shifts a week.  I better check with Mr. Midnight Shift Divechief but it almost sounds like the kind of schedule that might have me training too. oh well.

Nice, "hey-I-feel-great" recover run Opie.

somehow, sounds familiar.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Yeah, Carolyn, you're right. For the races you do, those training runs are pretty much spot on. Didn't mean to say they weren't worthwhile, just not something for everyone...

Tet, Equinox isn't at the same level as her runs, for sure!

Mike E, I hear ya on the hard-on-the-flowers crew. My plantings of all sorts (flowers to trees) have taken a hit from the kids downstairs. They sure are cute though.... But, their parents just bought a house so they'll be moving soon. *sigh* It's been a short two years, time to start looking for new renters.

15.1 mile run today, and almost did a total bonk at the end. Needed water (lost over 5 lbs on the run), and needed to not go so fast. Dang this snow-free dry bike path stuff is hard to get used to! But it was a beautiful, if not too windy, day, and it was great to be out in the sunshine. 56.8 miles for the week.

SteveP

Five hours of bunny cross training. 100% of the houses had kids home. DW informed me that I was not to do the bunny thing again this year. I was fine with the middle of the night drop and dash. She also informed me that I spend too much. She lined up the costume and took drop requests while she was the wheel person. While taking a lunch break, DW ran to a store and resupplied. I'm not sure how many drop we made.

SteveP