Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.13.16 (Read 33 times)

Mariposai

Dave59, great avatar! Welcome back.

Aamos, lol re: pictures.

Happy Birthday to the lovely Mrs. Jay. I love that girl

Jlynee, I hope your weather gets warmer soon.

Erika, your postings always inspires me.

Back to burning the candles in both end for the next few weeks. I am sure looking forward to this weekend when I can focus in planning the orchards in bloom race. Today was full of meetings, two very controversial ones....and the journey continues....

No running today, but 10 yesterday with some serious tempo.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Back to burning the candles in both end for the next few weeks. I am sure looking forward to this weekend when I can focus in planning the orchards in bloom race. Today was full of meetings, two very controversial ones....and the journey continues....

At least you didn't have to work on Christmas Even and all day Christmas Day, . . . did you?

Visiting DD and GS just a little southwest of erikaland to make up for missing Christmas while working over in Buddha/Shinto-land, it sounded like the sorry state of the university budget up there with empty buildings and classrooms was a lot closer to truth, if any, than the POTUS. In this regard, I can live with POTUS and FLOTUS but SCOTUS where it all seems to have been started by some smart-alec last year sounds too much like something else. Maybe we’re all COTUS’s but I don’t like that either.
      So, last summer when I was up here for the annual Frank Meier Marathon I’ve run on-and-off since 1978, often in the bonding company of Frank himself before he passed and it got named after him and who remains today as the only other purist I’d ever run marathons with who totally eschewed any training at all except for being in good shape anyway with the standard skiing, hiking, hunting, fishing, wood cutting, etc. needed to live up here, my DD gets a text from a friend (who happened to the DD of our HS prom queen) that a dog looking strangely like the malemute who is in their fenced yard all day and had never gotten out in over eight years was posted in the “found” column of FB but my DD knew, of course, that it couldn’t be her “Yukon” as her DF (that would be me) promised not to let him out of the yard.
      Of course, I promised again-and-again that it would never happen again so I’m being extra careful this time and, so far, so good,  . . .until I’m off in the car doing some errands and DD happens to step out into the cold which, not being sufficiently cold-goddess-like, she pretty much avoids as much as possible, to hear the mournful meow of an apparently scared and suffering feline that she’d never heard in the neighborhood before coming from, of all places, their snow-covered roof where a cat could never get to in the first place.

note in big black magic marker to DF
      (that would be me) when I got back:
      DEAR PAPO!
      DO NOT OPEN WINDOWS.
      NOT ONLY WA$TING ENERGY TO HEAT UP THE OUTSIDE
      BUT STELLA GOT STUCK IN THE SNOW ON THE ROOF.
      PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE!
      LOVE,
      DD
      gotta love gettin’ old, after all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet -

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks, tet!  I love starting my day with a smile on my face.