Masters Running

Sunday Runs, Races...and Sermons. 10-12-14 (Read 46 times)

Happy Birthday Erika! Hope the day includes fun in addition to chores and stuff.

Well done Mike!

Nice marathoning Aamos! And props to your DH too.

I ran a mellow six miles this morning as the fog was lifting and the sun was peeping through. Wore gloves and capris since it was 32 degrees, warmed up to the 60s and bright sunshine is making the bright orange and red leaves just pop. $200 day here too!

Thanks for all the super-granny props. She was pretty sharp today too and getting around so well. She is still quite the joke-meister too. I sat with her at lunch and when they brought out the bowls of beef stew, but kept the brownies back for later, she says: "Well look at that! Give us a big pile of unrecognizable stew and keeping the 'goods' away from us. I think I need dessert first." Amen to that!  As great as she is doing, it's still day to day at this age, so I am just grateful.

Great link TW!

Nice BAA half-marathon performances Deez and Marj. What a great day for it and looks like the good weather will hold for tomorrow's Tufts 10k.

Okay, time to go play outside. Hudson is snoring away with a stuffed hedgehog and a rawhide chew half hanging out of his mouth. You need only say outside and he'll spring to his feet. Ciao!

C-R

Hey all.

Very nice Mike.

Happy birthday Erika.

Kiddo's played soccer today and although they didn't get the score they wanted they both played with all they had. Proud of that. Did some cleaning and de-cluttering and finally decided to go for a run. After mile 1 decided it was time for an MP day so ran 6@ <7:05 (that's my goal MP so yeah I didn't do it correctly) and felt great. 1 mile cool down and caught up with DW and the dogs so I walked with them the rest of the way. Got some funny looks too.

Well off to Mass. Hope our homily is as good as yours Mike.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy birthday, Erika!

Nice racing for Marj and your DD and DIL, and for Deez, and Aamos and DH, and whoever else I missed!

I did a small 50k last year where the top AG was 50-99.  Guess they need a new AG for Super Granny!

I did a 20 mile trail run today with 5 ultra friends.  Fun times.  There's still some color on the trees, and one patch of sumac that was brilliant red.  Spectacular!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

The Pro sighting today, hurray!!! Thanks for the link. We miss you!

This thread today is bursting of energy today!

Aamos, Congrats to your DH on his first half marathon accomplishment. Great job on your marathon finish.

Fantastic job to all the racers, so many that I don't want to start naming them all.

Super Granny, she is our star!! If I live closer I would volunteer to make her her 104th birthday cake.

MikeE, that was one sermon all believers need to hear. I was praying for you.

The Saint,she is my hero! She is running so well!

Tramps, how is tri-bee doing?

We had three friends staying with us for a week and they departed today. We enjoyed their company so much we were sad to say good-bye to them. This morning, after I ensured that they ate breakfast, I left for a fun 18 miler up to the lake Omak and back. The weather was perfect and it was a great way to end a very busy week. Now I am all re-charged and ready for the week ahead.

Go Seahawks!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

lamerunner

TAKE 2.The computer ate my post. I am in Colorado springs visiting DD.Friday flight was late but then DD was able to pick me up. i did a little trail run Friday evening at Garden of the Gods. I saw a mule deer buck and several bunnies. Then dinner at DD house, fun to meet housemates and her kitty.  I came through as wine supplier. We had a very nice hike, also very snowy, yesterday. We did Mt Rosa, an 11,500 foot peak nearby. gorgeous views. Snow was more than expected, and we were wearing approach shoes,so very wet feet! Today, I went up to Palmer Lake and ran 10 on rail trail. Altitude higher than here and I ran out of gas the last few miles, but still nice. Good lunch and campus tour with DD. She seems to be doing better, though up and down. Seems to be doing her school work.

Happy birthday Erika!

Home tomorrow.

Mike, I am so glad that the sermon was well receiver. I was actually in the Cities and could have come hear it! I spent time helping my DD2 get her house in order Ufda, what a mess of clothes they have! All is sorted and socks are matched up, boy did that take a while. Son-in-aw is gone on a hunting trip so It was a good time to go help. Went to church with DS and family, shopped a bit before lunch at their house. I love seeing all 5 grandchildren but they can be a handful at times. I had every intention to go running but didn't have the opportunity. Tomorrow morning is a new start.  CNY, love the SuperGranny, she sounds so spunky, and yes day by day it is.

Happy Birthday Erica! Hope you enjoyed every minute of it.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

Has anybody heard how Leslie did today?

wildchild

Carolyn

Leslie's race was yesterday, and I was wondering, too. 

Here's a pic of some of the awesome colors on my run today:

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

So that is sumac? Beautiful! Looks like a fun group.

Lamerunner, good that you could go visit DD and really see how she's going. Poor kid has been through the wringer. Nice hiking and running at elevation for you!

Yes, wondering how Leslie did...

Thanks so much for all the birthday props. You guys are all so awesome. Sorry I'm not better at shout outs but please know I read your posts and admire all the wonderful runners and great folks we have here. I got out (very late) for 13.5 miles. Tried to slow it down, and only managed marginally. Ran out of gas a bit in last 3 miles and had some stops to rest my calf (all of a sudden gets sore after 9 miles) and warm up my ears! But, I didn't need the spikes at all so left them at home. Nice to get over 41 miles this week, finally!

Gorgeous photo Carolyn!

So how about this one?: http://www.ragnartrail.com/locations/new-england-ma/village

And unlike other Ragnar relays, no sardines in a van or needing to drive 200 miles. This one is based on trail loops that start and finish at the trail village. You hang out with teammates and the other teams until it's your turn. All around Northfield Mountain in Western, MA. Okay! So I am biased since it's nearby and the site of the Western Mass high school XC championships every year, but it could be fun!

And P.S.  other locations too! Just saying....http://www.ragnartrail.com/locations

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

We're headed off to a volunteer appreciation lunch in Dallas for the people who have volunteered at packet pickup for the Dallas Marathon for many years.  Beer and Mexican food I think, and I don't know what could be better after a long run like we did.  Spareribs

Was there ice cream?

Hi Hudson!

Me and Dad went run run run! and it was fun fun fun! We went to a new trail and there were lots of hills and trees. Dad wanted to go run run run there to see all the colors. What's a color?

He told Mom the almost everything is still green.

When we got to the beach I could run run run all crazy and get a drink whenever I wanted. I don't like going in the water at beaches. It's too much like a bath.

There was a very nice stick.

I wanted to give it to Erika for her birthday. The lake kept hitting me in the face and Dad would not help.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Happy belated birthday Erika!

I skied on Sunday, first of the year. 40 miles for the week. Recovery finally coming around.