Masters Running

Slippery Saturday 1/18 Daily (Read 42 times)

I spent the last two days selling shoes at the semiannual sale at the running store in East Lansing.  Today, I ran a 5K race in Bay City.  The temp was in the mid to high teens and there was some wind.  The race is appropriately named, "Freeze Your Fanny 5K".  I finished with a 9:46 pace and was 67/106 OA and 4/4 in my AG (70+).  Tomorrow, I leave early to work two more days at the shoe sale.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

Gorgeous picture, NHLA.

Tramps, good luck with the new technology. What are you doing for work now?

19 miles this afternoon meandering through the orchards. Slow 10, 4 at MP then slowww back home.

They started pruning today, that means the trees are getting their hair cut so they can bloom pretty for the Orchards in bloom runners. http://www.active.com/omak-wa/running/distance-running-races/omak-orchards-in-bloom-1-2-marathon-and-10k-2014.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Nice run, Nancy! Do you have snow in Omak? You usually do, right? I remember you being concerned about warm weather, so was wondering.

Mike, snowblowers are good to have if you get enough snow. But ours always seems to have mechanical issues. Just another mechanical thing to take care of, eventually. Ours stopped working last month and we haven't gotten it fixed. We broke down and have had our driveway plowed a couple times this winter.

I finally got outside for a run today. Decided I didn't want to go anywhere like to town or to my office or anywhere; just wanted to stay home. So I got out and ran hills! 7.1 hilly miles, at a too fast pace (I was wondering why it felt so hard, duh!) in 13° with no wind. Felt pretty good, except for the out-of-breath feeling I got from going too fast. Oh well, it was still a good run.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I don’t know whether or not it has anything to do with Japan being 17 hours ahead of before anything happening over there happens over here on the West Coast but, for the fourth time in a row since coming over to Japan earlier in the month, my marathon dream came true seventeen hours later with exactly the 6hr/59min I dreamed about as if it had already happened.
          TMI for MikeE: I think I found a way for you to enjoy future flights without having to interrupt the relaxing comfort of a reclining passenger seat for unnecessary bladder runs: just run a morning marathon beforehand. Even the usually minimal dehydration of a winter marathon was good enough not only for nine hours of relaxing inaction during the nine hour flight back across the International Date Line but also for three hours of check-in over there, customs over here checking through all the snacks I brought back for banned chicken or pork ingredients, etc. It might not work if you only run in your marathons for only three hours though.

ps MikeE- yep, by somehow getting the weekends freer this time, I was able to run four marathons on the Sunday after arrival, Sat/Sun in the middle and today again before flying back tonight.  If I could keep up that pace, I’d have 80 marathons for the year and get to join the 1,000-marathon club by the time I'm 80-yo. .  Oddly enough, they were the first marathons I've run since three over there in August. They are so much fun with all the fellow members of the Japan 100-Marathon Joyfrul Running Club that even a slowbie like me would probably do it..  No wonder I love running so much.

pps speaking of age, doesn't selbie know he's 70 now too?

What's with these 9:46 paces you're still churning out?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

MikeE, my back appreciates the snow blower. The driveway takes as much time

Ribs, I went to a blood drive and was assured it was alright to race the next day. It wasn't.

DW and I took the dogs out on a snowshoe run.

Honey kept following her nose and kept tunneling along.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

ps MikeE- yep, by somehow getting the weekends freer this time, I was able to run four marathons on the Sunday after arrival, Sat/Sun in the middle and today again before flying back tonight. 

Wow!

Steve - nice snow pics!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Tet--you are amazing.