Masters Running

Sports Watch (Read 42 times)

Cat in a Pot

Looking for recommendations for a simple, easy to use/set sports watch that is waterproof and has an alarm function (i.e., can set the alarm to go off every 20 min or whatever).  I don't want to spend a lot of money since I will only using this when running races and don't care about tracking mileage.  Just need the time and the ability to set an alarm to go off repeatedly until I tell it to stop. I don't want to have to remember to hit a button to make the timer start working again.  Just want the alarm to go off, I hit a button, and 20 minutes later it goes off again - rinse and repeat for the next 8 to 12 hours.

Thanks ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles (w/Trail Factor 50k) - Cascade Crest, WA/Astoria, OR/Portland, OR

June 7 - Grasshopper Peak Redwoods Run 30k - Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA

July 12 - Mt. Hood 50 - Mt. Hood, OR

Oct 11 - Firetrails 50 - Lake Chabot, CA

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
    Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

...fatozzig//.......they used to have

a LOT of ''CountDown'' Timer watches at Walmart for around  $20http://prestashop.allcreativeenter.netdna-cdn.com/shop/12194-thickbox/casio-alarm-countdown-timer-digital-watch-al-190w-al-190w-9a-.jpg

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Cat in a Pot

Thanks, Tom.

Leslie
        -------------

2014: May - MDW 70-Miles (w/Trail Factor 50k) - Cascade Crest, WA/Astoria, OR/Portland, OR

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

just a simple cat

Timex Ironman watch

I  guess as you get more bodacious, you begin to lose more brain cells, because there is a limit to how much magnificence your body can house

Cat in a Pot

I've been looking at these.  So they do have a continual timer, one that goes off repeatedly however often you need it to until you make it stop?

Leslie
            -------------

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

just a simple cat

I think I was able to set interval beeps, but I told it "do it 300 times"  (I stopped it before it was done)

I  guess as you get more bodacious, you begin to lose more brain cells, because there is a limit to how much magnificence your body can house

Cat in a Pot

Thanks ~

Leslie
                -------------

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzig's Place

10k in 1975

My favorite is the Casio WS-110H Marathon.

It was the only watch that I found with dual countdown timers to the second.

I think mine was less than $50 on Ebay.  They appear to have gone up in price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-WS-110H-1AVHEF-Mens-Multifunction-Digital-Quartz-Watch-with-Resin-Strap-/350713837724?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item51a82c789c

Here is a better price on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-WS110H-WS110H1AV/dp/B0000V9442/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361746809&sr=8-1&keywords=casio+ws-110h