Masters Running

Thursday is the new Thursday, 9.10.15 (Read 35 times)

Finally caught up on the past week of threads, but now too tired to comment much. One thing I noticed tho - last time I commented about Marj's beautiful picture on the Charles, I actually had a whole paragraph but only 1 sentence showed in the thread. I posted from my Iphone - does that happen to anyone else?

Morning bike was a disaster - somehow my brake pads or something were all out of whack - rode for 27 minutes but even after trying to adjust them myself it felt like I was riding uphill with an emergency brake on!! (and I was on a flat road)  Fortunately I brought my bike to my son's house after track tonight and he fixed it for me. I was starting to think of bailing on my Oly Saturday.

Did a 1.2 mile easy run right after the disaster bike then tonight did our Montessori track/strength workout where I logged in another 4.3 miles.

And yes --- we ran in the rain!!! eh gads I LOVED it!!

Can't wait to meet Enke next week and ride with the Rosie Ruiz van again if all falls into place. Unfortunately my fil is failing and entering hospice tomorrow so life can change by the moment for us. We are all taking turns driving down to the Cape each day and my day is Sunday with my oldest son. End of life is difficult even when you know someone has lived good, long life.

denise

mrrun

(((deez))))

woke up, heard the rain, thought of two cat and went back to sleep.  more later