Masters Running

Disney Princess Marathon (Read 342 times)

Whoo hoo! Awesome race, Nono, even with the cold still hanging on. Thanks for the RR! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Renee the dog

Hey sorry - I can't believe I missed doing the fashion report. Also sorry to be slow responding....guess what...I spent last night with my head in a bucket again. Dead This is one annoying cold that is stealthily draining into my stomach and shutting everything down! So, enough about that. FASHION: Nike running skirt (yes, really one of their running skirts, v. the usual tennis border skirt I wear). It has a little net in the small of the back that perfectly fit my phone. Custom running shirt from runningbanana.com that we made which says "Team Peacock" on it.* Wright socks and an old pair of New Balance 825s that I keep in a bin that stays in FL as part of my usual running gear for here. It was the shoes last spin in a race, and a perfect choice. I have summer running shoes and winter running shoes because my feet change so much in warmer weather. Most of my new "summer" models aren't broken in enough yet for me to chance. I did bring an extra pair of Nike Frees (my ones from my A.C. half) as a back up in case the 825s didn't feel right. I took them for a spin 2 days prior to the race, so I knew there were good to go. *Team Peacock came about on a disney discussion thread where we decided it was OK to talk smack to one another and throw out boastful goals and attempt to accomplish them. Several of the Disney sites running threads are all huggy huggy, which is great for those who need it, but we wanted a place where we could have a more traditional locker room mentality. And I have to say it worked. We had 5 of us run, and for 2 it was their first half ever. One was my betting partner, who hasn't been running a year yet. (Yes, she won the bet too, so no one had to cough up $20). The other is a woman in her mid-50s who did a spectacular walk/run -- even pace start to finish. Nowhere near being swept from the course. She did her training, and came through. Most importantly, she has more races on her schedule, so it has become a part of her life! Anyway, I have to give a shout out to runningbanana. The shirts are high quality, and you can have single shirts made -- no minimums! Cost $40. Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

#artbydmcbride

Great job! Smile

Runners run

Good job, Nono! My first (and only) HM was done with a terrible head cold and chest congestion. Yes, it does zap you pretty bad. But you persevered!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance