Masters Running

Stevie Ray's Bellingham Bay Marathon Report (Read 333 times)

xor

Bellingham is north of Seattle, near Canada. Very beautiful BUT HILLY! place. Here is my report from the Bellingham Bay Marathon. As always, reports for a bunch of other races can be found over there.

Mariposai

Great job SRLopez. I ran the first Belly mary inaugural last year and I had a blast. Isn't the course so gorgeous. I think this is a well organized event. I can't wait to read about your Portland adventure. I see that Portland was also the place for your first marathon, so was mine, but only 2 years ago. It was a pleasure meeting you at the dinner. Looking forward to more pre-race carb-loading together. MariManiac #1109 Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Top 'O the World!

As always, a delight to read Wink Well done!
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

#artbydmcbride

Great job! What a nice finish time for such a hilly race. You inspire me. Smile

Runners run

No pirate's life for you. You have to stick around and keep running, not sailing. Say, what do you hear or know about the new marathon in Kaua'i scheduled for next year? grins, A ps: I like the photos of the doggo on your blog.
            Masters 2000 miles
            xor

Mariposa-EYE, the course was a bit different this year... certainly still beautiful. Especially thanks to the nice weather. It was fun. BTW, this was a hilly race, but most of them are hilly up here. This was in no way the hilliest race I've done up here Smile. Amy, my Hawai'ianiac connections don't know much about the Kaua'i race yet... but it looks like the race has involved good people to make it happen. The course will be quite challenging... harder than Maui for sure, but it WILL have a nice downhill finish. The dachshund is in my blog. Here's my other dog, the beagle. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Too cute! What are their names, please? And can we order pin-up photos? Frank has a little collection on the wall by his favorite bed (the LL Bean one)--I'll send you one of him! grins, A
                Masters 2000 miles
                xor

The beagle is Bailey (get it? Beagle Bailey). She was named before I rescued her. She's 8. The dachshund is named Tobias. Full name: Tobias J. Funky. Named after the character "Tobias Funke" from the show Arrested Development. His name was Toby when I rescued him, but that's too close phonetically to Bailey, so I renamed him. HOWEVER, now that there's a funny character on The Office named Toby, I kind of wish I had kept it. He's 4. And I just busted him for trying to eat a fleece blanket. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SteveP

your RR is sweet!!!! Them dogs is cute too. Thanks

SteveP

R Lo, The dogs are adorable!!!!! Hey whats next for you? I used to live up by Bellingham. Oak Harbor. Can DD17 and I meet you in Jax for the marathon? She said yes today for doing the half. I will do the whole. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Kawika. The world's largest corgi. Just to add another cute dog to the picks. Lo, I put a link on my run pics thread to my Hawaii pics. Did you see it? Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

I thoroughly enjoyed your RR, it brought me back right to the course, where, on that glorious day, I was running (about 45 min behind you) to complete my first marathon. It made me laugh out loud more than one time, especially when you mentioned those folks along the course who kept encouraging us that "it's all downhill from here!" Big grin, yeah, right! I agree with you about how well organized the race was, in fact I dropped an e-mail to the RD to thank him (or her?) for the great experience. Thanks for the great run down memory lane, Stevie Ray, and congratulations on your great time! j PS.: Also, cute pooches!
                          xor

Hi jura - the race director is a he. Actually, I think there are two RDs, both he-s. One owns the runningshoes.com store.
                            Can DD17 and I meet you in Jax for the marathon? She said yes today for doing the half. I will do the whole.
                            I am in Spokane now for tomorrow's Spokane marathon. I'm here because one of my friends from Spokane recently died and so I am running the race as a tribute to him. As for Jax, I honestly don't know if I'll be there. Lots of Real Life between now and then, and it is also Valentine's Day weekend. My theoretical and nonexistent sweetie might not want me to travel. But I *am* registered for it, and I would like to be there. I'll know more in January.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Just before the start at Bellingham, a lady runner asked to take a picture of me. Ok, fine. So I smiled. No, no. She wanted a picture of the back of my shirt. Ooops. I turned around.
                              it was just after for me but no, it turned out she wanted a picture of my feet.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

lopez, I havent signed up yet for Jax. Would be nice to see my old stomping grounds though and friends in Cocoa beach too. I have a new real life sweetie who will be there as long as I can manage to maintain the relationship that long. lol. So it will be a first for me having a guy friend come to support. Laurie