Masters Running

Wednesday November 28 Chilly Runs (Read 389 times)

C-R

That's it Leslie. It bothers me anytime I run long 20+ (even in the summer) or when its cold out and I go more than 10. My FIL (Dr) told me nothing to do but keep your hands warm anyway possible. No meds or anything along those lines yet. I get it in both hands and all fingers. 

Oh and Dave - glad to hear about the procedure going ok.

Back to my budgets. Ick.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Hello everyone!

I'm thinking about dropping my streak. It's been 11 days, a record for me. Even though most days have been 1 or 2 miles my legs are tired all the time. I miss my 5-6 mile runs. I mostly run on a TM because I'm not training for anything.

We get to see the home inspection report in a little while. Fingers crossed.

Tom - Big grin

Our UPS driver doesn't buzz us when we're on the road (as far as we know), but he does come almost every . . . single . . . day during the noon hour when we're closed for lunch.  Our doors are actually locked.  He'll stand there and bang on the door until someone comes and opens it.  I totally understand that he has a route he has to stick to, but I often wonder what he does when nobody's here during the noon hour.  Does he stand there banging until his hands start to bleed?  Maybe I should ask him some day.

Cindy - Listen to your body.  It will tell you when you need a break.  Pushing things when your body is telling you to do otherwise leads to injury.  (IMHO)

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Thanks, I needed to hear that. 11 days it is.

Jeff F

Free Beer

Since this is my firs time trying to be an active participant I am not sure what all of these different threads are for, but I believe this is called a daily or something like that.

I am just starting to ramp back up in miles after running only 30 miles total in October.  Most people take a step back week, I took a step back year in 2012 after overdoing it in 2011.  If I can muster 8 more miles before the end of the week I will hit 100 for November.

After a hard trail run last week (and 18 holes of golf) the pain in my butt returned so I did a 5 mile recover run on Monday and then another 5 easy miles this morning (I know this is supposed to be a daily but I am getting caught up in one post).  It was a beautiful, crisp morning.  Full moon and about 27 degrees.

I have been telling people I am training to get ready for another training cycle.  I will start my 18 week plan for the Illinois Marathon beginning Christmas week.  I didn't do a marathon in 2012 (I did Howl but that doesn't count), and I decided I would train and race one next year.  I might even do a couple next year

There, I did it.

Later.

Page 3 and it early evening!  Wow!  Getting all this new blood in here sure is helping to ramp up the daily's activity level.  Glad to see all of our new posters.

Sorry, no shout outs for now since I am basically procrastinating from writing database code, a task even less interesting than watching a TM and way less than actually running on it!  Procrastination 1 of 2:  Take a look at this video https://vimeo.com/54317081.  It is very cool.  CoolAlthough, I must admit not as cool as I had hoped when I first got the link.  During the Turkey Trot I ran a company was hired to video it.  The cool part is they use cameras mounted on remote controlled helicopters to do the filming.  The result is a wonder humming bird's eye view of the race.  I just wish they had more of the video devoted to the race itself and less to the preliminaries.  Well, it cost me nothing so who am I to complain? 

Procrastination 2 of 2:  My ankle felt fine this morning so it was an hour on the elliptical.  Tomorrow?  We will see. However, if it is achy again I might just stay completely off it for a full week.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I have been telling people I am training to get ready for another training cycle.  I will start my 18 week plan for the Illinois Marathon beginning Christmas week.  I didn't do a marathon in 2012 (I did Howl but that doesn't count), and I decided I would train and race one next year.  I might even do a couple next year

There, I did it.

Later.

Hi to you , Jeff.  I like that phrase--I think I'll steal it. Wink  Since that's sort of where I am at the moment, and thinking of a spring marathon, I was wondering if you were using any particular plan.  I've done the Higdon beginner and intermediate Half plans and will probably do a modified Full version.

Anyone else that would like to chime in, I would love to hear from you--new AND old.  (Although old is relative here, I guess Clown Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Like you Jeff, I didn't run a marathon in 2012 (but did run 3 HM's to become HF#3011). I had run one marathon per year prior to that for 3 total (Seattle RNR, Newport, Grandma's).

do plan on running a spring marathon in 2013 though (Avenue of the Giants), so I have to also start thinking of training plans. May will be here before I know it!

Tammy

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I was ready to run my first marathon in the fall of 2011, but scheduling conflicts pushed it to January 2012. Then I did two more just this past month, oops!

Finally got out this afternoon to check out a local Y and talk to the aquatics director there. I'm going to be taking swimming lessons, yippee! More like breathing lessons, since that's the main problem I've had when trying to swim laps in the past. Rather ironic, the yoga teacher who can't breathe, eh? Then I went over to my old gym, rode the bike for 50 minutes and gave my cancellation notice there. Felt good to sweat a bit, even though I'm still feeling worn out today.

Jeff F

Free Beer

Hi to you , Jeff.  I like that phrase--I think I'll steal it. Wink  Since that's sort of where I am at the moment, and thinking of a spring marathon, I was wondering if you were using any particular plan.  I've done the Higdon beginner and intermediate Half plans and will probably do a modified Full version.

Anyone else that would like to chime in, I would love to hear from you--new AND old.  (Although old is relative here, I guess Clown Wink

Steal away. 

I have used all of the Higdon plans.  I currently use a customized version of the Higdon intermediate II, which means I bascially add some miles to the weekly short runs and add one more 20 miler.  But of course, that is all subject to change at any moment...

SteveP

Question-

what do UPS Driver drive like in their CARS??????

My dad is a retired UPS driver. He scares the carp out of me and I jump off bridges.

I got the dog out for a leashed hour on an even surface

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Your comment made me go look at the list (which I hadn’t done in ages) and I discovered I made it to page one! 

Sorry to break it to you, but there are already 6 pages of folks who already passed the 2000-mile mark ahead of us….Joking

CNYColumbus, IN, not too far, and Sept 28 seems to be a good time….a definite possibility…

Jlynne – Hot Hands in your mittens….and a tip from Divechief – put them in a ziplock when you get home, letting all the air out, and you can use them again the next day.  They need air to do the chemical process that makes heat, so stop the air and it stops the heat.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Big hugs to you C-R and your wife.

+1  Your boys are the same age as my DD, I think.  They do outshine our expectations in times of trouble, don’t they?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

apparently

the UPS  Driver has been paid to Assainate me.

snork!

Okay, enough overposting for me tonight.  I'm baking more cookies for DS's school bake sale....

I hope that article is not correct...I may not run fast, but I would hate to have to go back to running 20mpw.....I'd have to cut out beer and Doritos entirely....

baxdaddy

just another runner

Got in a 5 mile temp run today while it was 55*.  NNNNnnnnniiiiiccccceee.

The first step is to get up off the couch!

Half Fanatic #889