Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 09/02 - Labor Day Weekend Already! (Read 395 times)

Labor Day, when we briefly pause from demonizing unions to enjoy mattress sales in their honor.

I can't believe it's already Labor Day Weekend this weekend, but I am very much looking forward to three whole days off!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opie - 39.28 running miles

Evanflein - 45.9 running miles, 1.1+ walking miles

OrangeMat - 34.9 running miles, 1x yogaing

Jim L - 30 pushups, 50 sit-ups, 60 leg curls,  1 hr on bicycle trainer (Welcome back, Jim!!!!!)

pfriese - 35.5 miles running, 21 miles biking, & 2 miles swimming

fatozzig - 38 miles running, 95 min core/strength training

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

U.M.W.B

Monday: Intervals: 1 minute running, 2 minutes walking for 2.5 miles total.

Tuesday:  MT. Bike  13 trail miles

Wednesday: Ran 1 mile on anti Gravity treadmill at 80% of body weight

Thursday:  Mt Bike : 13 trail miles

intervals: 1 minute running, 2 minutes walking for 2.5 miles total.(in army boots!) Smile

Friday: Rest

Saturday: 1 hr Cardio
      Sunday: Intervals: 2 minutes running 2 minutes walking for 2.15 miles = 1.5 miles running 13 minute pace.

Totals: Running: 4.5 miles, Biking: 26 miles, Walking: 3.75 miles

U.M.W.B

Thanks!  This week's goal is a slight bump in mileage and to do some of my weekday runs in the morning, for 2 reasons: to get used to the humidity that makes it so tough on weekend morning runs and because running twice a day is coming as the marathon gets closer.  Here are Coach's notes:

Monday-4 very easy/6 strides..........................................................................................................................................................................done-4.35 mi.
        Tuesday-Workout-2 miles warm up, 3x7 minutes at marathon pace with 3 minutes easy jog recovery in between (don’t’ go too fast on this), 2 miles cool down...............................................................................................................................................................................................done-6.97 mi.
        Wednesday-easy 6 miles..............................................................................................................................................................................done-6.22 mi.
        Thursday-easy 6 miles/6 strides..................................................................................................................................................................done-6.09 mi.
        Friday-Cross Training for 1hr or rest............................................................................................................................done-bike ride for about an hour
        Saturday-5 easy/6 strides..............................................................................................................................................................................done-5.34 mi.
        Sunday-easy 13 /pick up the last 4 miles at marathon pace..................................................................................................................done-13
        Mileage-42........................................................................................................................................................................................................done-42

Got into a morning routine as planned!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Monday: Intervals: 1 minute running, 2 minutes walking for 2.5 miles total.

The above deserves a second posting!!! Big grin

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

U.M.W.B

The above deserves a second posting!!! Big grin

Thanks Leslie!

I had a grin on my face the whole time ! Big grin 

The interesting thing is this....On my past few walks around the lake by the time I finished I was limping badly and my lower back was screaming at me....
            Today by alternating between running and walking my foot hurts significantly less and my back hurts hardly at all!

I signed up for this 5K today, I wont try to run the whole thing, I'll do what I can and walk the rest.

http://www.brazenracing.com/dragnfly.html

This is me in my new military style running boots to prevent rolling my ankle while running on trails. Yes it's true......I am a dork! Big grin

U.M.W.B

Go into the race with the mindset that you're doing something your docs were unsure would be possible, with the mindset that  you're there to have fun, with the mindset to listen to your body at all times, and things will be fine!

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Woohoo! Jim is running! And to think they said you would never run again. Ha! Good for you, man, that's awesome!

Ok, last big week before Equinox... and we start it with... a rest day. Big grin

(Leslie, this is my last "big week" before the race, but I'll have a 2 week taper. Race is Sept. 15!)

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: 6.3 miles run, .5 mile walked

Wednesday: 6.1 miles run, .4 mile walked

Thursday: 1.8 mile "warm up" run (had to get to the race start from work!), 10.7 mile hilly trail race for 12.5 miles for the day

Friday: 4.1 miles easy run, .3 mile walk

Saturday: 10.4 miles run, .3 mile walk

Sunday: 22.5 miles on the Equinox course, .5 mile walk c/d

Totals: 62.1 miles run, 1.9 miles walked

Way to start the week before a race.  You know how to train, girlfriend!

Working my way up to my next race (and last before a nice break), Weaver Basin 50k on October 13.

DAY PLANNED RUNNING CORE/STRENGTH COMMENTS
                  Mon Rest      
                  Tues 7 Miles 7 miles   A good run.
                  Wed 4 Miles; Core/Strength 4 EZ 45 min  
                  Thurs 6 Miles w/3 Tempo Miles 6 miles    
                  Fri Core/Strength      
                  Sat 16 Trail Miles 16 miles    
                  Sun 8-9 Trail Miles 8 miles    
                  Totals   41 miles 45 min  

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

OrangeMat

MM #6177

So happy to hear about your progress, Jim! Go get 'em!!

I think I've got a case of the taper-blues this week. Major HM this weekend. Feels like I can only do wrong and nothing right, no matter what I do. Geeze, I can't imagine what kind of mess I'll be come marathon time!

day plan actual comments
                    Monday run 4 4.04 miles  
                    Tuesday track 6.51 miles 3x mile repeats, 8:05 avg
                    Wednesday run 5 5 miles  
                    Thursday rest rest even had a 3 hour nap!
                    Friday run 3 + strides 3.47 miles  
                    Saturday rest rest  
                    Sunday HM 14.85 miles time was 1:56:07, a 7+ minute PR! Smile
                    totals   33.87 miles  
                    pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

Goal for the week to continue slow buildup of miles with very easy runs.

M - 2000m swim

T - 7.2 mile run

W - 5.1 mile run (am), 1650m swim (pm)

Th - 7.7 mile run

F - 2 mile run, 1500m swim

Sa - 1.3 mile warm up run, 5K race (26:10, 2AG)

Su - 13.3 mile run

Total(s) - 40.3 miles running & 3.2 miles swimming

Paul