Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 12.20.14 (Read 29 times)

deez, thinking of your son and the whole family.  marj and henrun, great racing.  Holly, good BB game for your daughter.

Nice long runs for Holly and Dave.

This morning, I did a 5K.  It was about 20° and almost calm.  My GPS gave me a time of 29:54, distance of 3.11 miles, and pace of 9:38.  I was happy to break half an hour as I didn't in my last two 5Ks.  Early on, I didn't think I had a chance for half an hour but I managed negative splits:  9:55, 9:40, 9:25, and a pace of 8:30 for the last .11 miles.  I visited with quite a few of my friends. I did a mile warmup and 1.9 miles after the race to give me 6 miles for the day.  I placed 69/107 OA and 2/2 in my AG (70+).

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

Great racing for everyone.

Spareribs and The Saint, good luck with your higher mileage next week.

Twocat, check out the Vegetarian Times, great recipes there. http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/

Here are two recipies that I normally make when I have vegetarians at my table. Now make sure that the person is not a vegan, then it is harder to find a dish.

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/jamaican-style-black-bean-and-coconut-cornbread-bake/

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/vegetable-mango-stir-fry/

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/mexican-polenta/

I waited all day to stop raining, since it never did stop raining I did go out for a 6 hilly miles up Kermel grade. Lazy day around here. Just hanging out and chatting with son Daniel and the Easy Pacer. I also connected with my family and a former college friend of mine, who happened to marry my cousin last year. Small world (no I was not the one who introduced them to each other Smile).

Cheers,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  It feels like its been forever since I've posted in here.  I guess I've just been really busy.

Nice racing everybody!

Anyway...let's see.  Monday I ran 10 miles.  Tuesday was wrestling practice.  Wednesday I ran with my racing team...we only went 3.4 miles...very slowly...but then we had beer afterward, so it was okay.  Thursday was wrestling practice.  Yesterday I did 10.6 miles.  And, today, I did 16 miles in 1:50:59.  I didn't intend on running that fast, today...I was planning on a 7:30 pace...maybe 7:15 if I felt good.  But when I went through my first mile in 7:00, I figured I'd just try to maintain that pace for awhile...and I did.

I think I'm pretty close to getting my Christmas shopping done.

Oh...I have to tell you...I will be walking around, minding my own business, when the thought of Dave falling down pops into my head and I just start cracking up.  That's a big guy to be toppling over...and it could be fairly dangerous for both him and anybody standing near him...so, it probably shouldn't be funny...but when I think about it...it really is.

Okay--I should get going.  These gifts ain't gonna wrap themselves.  See ya!

I love LaT.!

Aw - shucks

So happy to get some miles in - Jay one person's long distance is another person's sprint. I think my long distance tomorrow will be a 5 miler.

Twocat - I am not vegetarian ... I just don't eat meat. I like having veggies as my main course - cubed and oven roasted, stir fried, or just chopped up and raw with olive oil, lemon, salt & pepper. I prefer that to trying to make it seem "meat-like"

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hugs to you Denise and for Nicholas and the whole family.....waiting is so hard!

La T is the tops.

Me too to deezie and Ironman to-be, and IM now too, Nicholas.
            Nice racing to all, especially my AG also TS and Marj and Henry too at ten year minus and plus me, respectively,  fanastico.
            I know LaT too, the Walden Goddess, sometimes with guest goddesses.
            Posie - with all the rain we’re getting over on the west side of the state, it’s not supposed to be raining over on your east side too.  Kudos for you and others out in NIRC when you don’t have to as do those of us who paid for the privilege think we have to.
            I had a jay-day too holly that just turned out to be not worth fighting for for more than 21.5 rainy miles in NIRC at today’s Pigtails Marathon.
            Oh well, it pushes me over 500 YTD miles for the first time since 2007. yippee.

ps - if I drank coffee too, today would be the day.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

My stomach didn't feel all that great, and I had 1 too many layers on, but my legs felt great and I didn't hurl, so all in all a good day.

Twocat - How about keeping it simple, with a hearty soup and some crusty bread?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."