Masters Running

Labor Day, 2015 (Read 41 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet - which full mary was that?

Enks - whoops, it was the Labor Day Half Marathon, nee Super Jock’n’Jill Half Marathon.
    I think I was so slow it must have seemed like a marathon.
    In fact, afterwards, we were talking about how we’re somehow just as tired

and couldn’t run another mile after no matter what we’ve run, half, full, ultra, IM or whatever.
    Maybe I was thinking of the freebie September First Call Marathon in Bothell on Sunday that I missed due to impending travel too.  Incidentally, the next one is the Veteran’s Day First Call Half-and-Full Marathon on 11/14.  http://firstcalltorunmarathon.blogspot.com/

Have fun with the east coasties.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tet, I did the Ester Dome run yesterday, and saw no other runners but lots of walkers with dogs. Loose dogs, that run up to you with big smiles on their faces not realizing that I'm coming down the hill fast and can't stop, and they go right in front of me. Geez. Just because it's a trail doesn't mean your dog can run loose! Also, there were four-wheelers and motorbikes up there that drive me nuts. But, that's the price of a popular trail into the backcountry. It does get lots of use.

Twocat, that chili recipe looks really good. Finding a good supply of chilies and cilantro isn't easy here but I think we'll make the effort.

We had the most gorgeous weekend here, I sure wish it would last. Unfortunately, we've got cloudy skies and chances of rain for the next 10 days so I'm glad we got the weather we got when we did. But overall, it still looks good for good conditions for Equinox. <fingers crossed>

Ran 6.1 miles today, a little faster than planned easy pace, but still easy effort for the most part. Then picked a bunch of beets and carrots, and still have a lot to go.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

good luck and golden sun on golden leaves for Equinox

I didn't know about the dogs running around'

Four-wheelers, ATV's and trail-ruining motor bikes are a part of being up there though, I guess.

Hope they keep The Chute clear for race day.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne - another Tough Mudder? You are tough!

Ribs - good article.

Twocat - how did the strain originally happen?

8.2 miles for me on Monday.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Spent an hour or so pulling weeds in the flower beds and garden, and then watering the flowers.  The arrival of September makes me think about letting the annuals die off, but they are still so colorful, and will continue to flower until the first frost in October, so I will continue to tend them (even if the lazy part of me is growing tired of yardwork).

With Woodstock coming up next weekend, I spent some time talking to my friend Carissa, who is running the 100-mile race, about how I can be of assistance as crew for her, what we need to bring for camping, etc.  I know dg and Econo will be stopping by, so I am very excited about seeing dg again and meeting Econo for the first time.

I'm hoping to get enough done here to justify a trip to Woodstock. Even if it's for the day.

One thing I started doing, Holly, is putting card board down along the boarders of our gardens. Then putting mulch over it. The goal is to keep weeds down and not have to trim as much.

Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy!!!

I'm guilty of letting the dog run loose on the trails. This weekend was no exception. DW and I were at a campground with spotty service. Carpy wifi. To top it off, there was only one person working the espresso bar in the campground and lactose free was not an option!!

I did something to my back, even waddling stunk. Tag and I were not going to be near those trails with out taking them in. We hiked 6ish miles Saturday and 7 or so Sunday. After Church, I saw real monkey bars on the playground. I went and hung upside down on them and did inverted sit ups. The last time I did that, I was 30 lbs lighter and wasn't as much fun as I remembered.  That helped the back quite a bit. The chiropractor has been out because she choose to have a baby instead of keeping me well adjusted.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - these are great pictures!  Cardboard is a great idea, and I will try that in the spring - the grass is always trying to encroach my flowerbeds.  And maybe a Woodstock showing?  Yay!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."