Masters Running

Thursday, Nov. 13 Runs and Rests (Read 563 times)

evanflein

Tim, I'm on self-imposed 3-week running hiatus, but I was hoping to be feeling much better by now so may call dr again for appointment next week if I can. Now I just have to decide... go back to podiatrist (3rd time) or go to orthopedist. Heading home, 4 hour flight from Seattle to Anchorage, now find my final leg... a 45-minute hop over the Alaska Range to home... is delayed 2 hours. So I'm sitting in the airport on the wireless and catching up with everyone. Aamos, what a shame you can't "take it back" and get what you'd agreed on earlier! That really bites. I'd be interested in hearing the rationale or the solution to that switch. Enke, hope you get some answers at your appointment. Amazing about the weight loss but sometimes that happens when you're laid up. I had a pretty good week of "non-running" I guess. Worked out every day in the fitness room, and did strength training stuff every day. Nice to take 15 minutes a day and work on a different body region each time without feeling rushed. Even with all the eating (and oh boy what an awesome dinner we had last night!), I think I might've dropped a pound. I'll know for sure tomorrow as Friday is weigh-in day.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika - you got out of here just in time as the cold rain and wind of last night's perfect nonrun has deteriorated to cripsy sunshine on autumn leaves and a full moon coming up to temp the running out of all of us. hope you're still getting the typical subzero days and ice-fog up there so your remaining ten taper days will be half as much fun. tammy - voir dire should be fun finding any jurors who aren't coffee drinkers, . . I mean drug dealers. tramps - I'm thinkin' you might not have the wind problem of our courses along the lake and Sound so maybe you can be the first umbrella marahatter. I hope so. timmy,timmy, timmy - so sad man you acting like a real taperer when you're not even half way to the 30 days tapering needed for full membership in nonrunners anonymous so dream on timmy-boy, dream on. Dream about a taper true Dream about how we trust you Dream on, taper timmy dream on Dream about a taper fine Sweet as apple berry wine Dream on, taper timmy dream on There’s a heart of butterflies, looking out of dreamy eyes, Dream on, taper timmy dream on goddess hugs are at the end you can be their biggest friend Dream on, taper timmy dream on You’ve shown you have true grit We know you can really do it Dream on, taper timmy dream on Dream on [Dream on]

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Flight canceled. Try, try again - at 5:00 p.m. Angry If that flight's canceled, we're not going to conference. Nothing like wasting 2 whole days to try and get somewhere for what now, if we get there, will be for less than 48 hours. Bummer. On the upside, we went to the bar upstairs, had a couple of drinks and a big steak for dinner. Big grin

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

“Helicopters Collect Whale Snot from Blowholes” November 10th, 2008 “Helicopters Collect Whale Snot from Blowholes” is the headline on a November 10, 2008 LiveScience report that begins: Tiny, remote-controlled helicopters hovering above the blowholes of whales have collected snot samples that could help scientists learn which bacteria lurk in seemingly healthy cetaceans in the wild. “Up until now, all the information we have from whales comes from captive animals or animals that are dead or stranded, and that’s hardly representative of the normal population,” said Karina Acevedo-Whitehouse of the Zoological Society of London. (Thanks to investigator Hugh Henry for bringing this to our attention.) posted by Marc Abrahams in News about research Ref: http://improbable.com/

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #3309

timmy,timmy, timmy - so sad man you acting like a real taperer when you're not even half way to the 30 days tapering needed for full membership in nonrunners anonymous so dream on timmy-boy, dream on. Dream about a taper true Dream about how we trust you Dream on, taper timmy dream on Dream about a taper fine Sweet as apple berry wine Dream on, taper timmy dream on There’s a heart of butterflies, looking out of dreamy eyes, Dream on, taper timmy dream on goddess hugs are at the end you can be their biggest friend Dream on, taper timmy dream on You’ve shown you have true grit We know you can really do it Dream on, taper timmy dream on Dream on [Dream on]
            This is actually pretty cool tet - but I can truly sense your apprehension now, because you know I am going to make it Tongue Tapering Timmy on day 13 of 30 and going strong struggling

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

you're right timby. Even though I don't have any, if I did, I wouldn't bet my sneakers on you being able to nonrun for another 17 days to reach full membership in nonrunners anonymous, especially with your nemesis mile 1., . . I mean day 16 still to come.
              This is actually pretty cool tet - but I can truly sense your apprehension now, because you know I am going to make it Tongue Tapering Timmy on day 13 of 30 and going strong struggling

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

tet, did you used to write songs for Aerosmith?
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks every and posie. they don't call me "Mr. Class" for nuthin', . . . or maybe they do. I hope holly likes him too 'cause it's just practice for when she comes out to rock'n'roll with us in Seattle in June. Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."